• Real Estate Investor
  • Prince Geroge's County, MD
Votes |
Realtor Charging for Comps?

Derek T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Prince Geroge's County, MD
Posted Oct 24 2012, 19:42

Okay so I have a buyer's agent who I work with to view investment properties and to evaluate deals however he lives about 50 miles away and can only get to me to see properties once a week. So I met another agent at a REI meeting and she lives closer, can act as a buyer's agent, can submit multiple low offers, will help with rehab management (since I have a full-time job), can list the property, provide property management services and also potentially set me up as a "personal assistant" to get MLS access after a relationship is built.

So it sounds like a good fit however I talked to her about getting wholesale deals that wouldn't involve an agent. I mentioned that I would need comps run on these potential deals and asked if she would be okay with running them however she mentioned there would be a $50 fee each time I run comps on a potential deal. She mentioned she would be essentially do a BPO and would have to charge $50 for it. Has anyone else come across their buyer's agent charging for comps for wholesale deals?

Loading replies...