San Diego Meetup

San Diego Meetup

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes

To the San Diego folks,

I'm thinking about coordinating a RE meetup in Carlsbad specifically for buy and hold multi family investors. If you already have several properties under your belt, investing locally or even better nationally, I want you part of this meetup. The objectives are to network, share our experience in different markets, share resources, drive and motivate each other, provide support when things get tough, discuss scaling strategies, maximizing your portfolio, and hanging out once a month. Let me know if you're interested. First meeting will be in January.

5Reply
154 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 35 votes
9y

Yes, I'm interested if there is an event in 2017.

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Count me in!  Looking at your profile it sounds like we have a similar background and goals so I'm sure we would have plenty to talk about. Weekday nights can be hit and miss but I'll try to make it. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix Tempe Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 55 votes
    11y

    Hi Derek , 

    Looks like a good time.

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    I don't mind driving out there to meet up.  Just let me know when it's going to be.

  • USA · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    I'm very interested. I own one 6 unit multifamily, one duplex and a handful of condos. All located in the College Area and fully rented. I'm currently looking for a new multifamily value-add deal in the same area. I'm also interested in hearing different perspectives on investing outside of San Diego, i.e. IE, Phoenix, Central CA, the midwest, etc.

  • Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Sounds great.  Of course there are some great REIAs in the county, but a BP-specific group would be awesome!

  • Investor · Crossville, TN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I'm new to this game and just purchased my first duplex a couple months ago. I would love the opportunity to meet up with investors around the San Diego area!

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    I am in. I own SFR now and try to get into Multi.

  • Real Estate Investor · National City, CA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    I'm interested. Please let me know when and where? Robert Hernandez Jr.
  • Architect · San Diego , CA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I am interested. Let me know when and where.

  • Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Count me in!
  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I'm interested too.

    Details of when and where please!

  • Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Would love to attend

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    The first San Diego meet-up will be January 10 to give everyone an opportunity to recover from the holiday. I am trying to keep the first meet-up small, with a focus group of individuals that already have a portfolio of rental real estate. Opening agenda will be:

    • Introduction
    • Current Markets Invested
    • 2014 Returns
    • Markets/Neighborhoods being evaluated for future purchases

    Each person will have about 15 minutes (+/-) to get through these topics and introduce themselves. The location is currently TBD, but will probably be somewhere in Carlsbad. The time will be roughly 3-5pm ish Sat afternoon start and I'm thinking a maximum of 2 hours. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to get this on the calendar. I will contact you individually, but if you're interested send me a message and include your RE background and rough portfolio info.

    Thanks and looking forward to the first meet-up,

    Derek Petersen

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    The San Diego Buy and Hold Meetup will be January 17th instead of January 10th. Please contact me for more details.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I am interested. Please provide the details of the meeting.

  • Real Estate Agent/ Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    I'm interested, let me know what time and where.

  • washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    I'm Interested, I own 4 unit in SD county and looking to grow.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 99 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    I'm interested.

  • Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Anyone know if this is a go?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Not sure if this event occurred but I'm committed to getting another event together for early May. If anyone wants to follow the new thread it is located here. 

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/188257-san-diego-bigger-pockets-meetup

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    HI, I am new to the BP.  Has there been another meeting since then?

    Thank you for any response

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    The San Diego Buy and Hold meetup is meeting monthly. Feel free to contact me for more information. We are a group of investors that are actively building our long term portfolios nationally. We have investors focused on residential, 2-4 MF, and apartment investing.

  • Encinitas , CA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Are these meet ups still happening? thx

  • Real Estate Professional · Escondido, CA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Derek p. Are you still holding those meet ups? I'm interested in getting more involved!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.