• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Philadelphia, PA - Brewerytown Flip - Troy S. & David Ross

Troy Sheets
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jan 20 2015, 13:28

If you'd like to follow along and watch as my partner @David Ross and I flip a Brewerytown row home, the link to our blog is below. I'll also post pictures and updates in this thread but I won't replicate what David has already done so well to date. He's the keeper of spreadsheets so I won't go into numbers too much but it's safe to say, we're in over our heads already. I *think* we'll get through this and make some (very little) money but there are no guarantees. The beauty is, David and I are very similar in our approach to this first flip; first and foremost, we want to put out a product we're proud of. Secondly, we won't feel we've failed if, once the flip is sold, we can break even. If we can get a free education from the school of hard knocks, sign us up. Obviously we went into this flip expecting to make money, and we still could, it's just never been our focus since day one. That said...DAMN it'd be fun to turn a profit!!! 

Here are a few baseline numbers:

Purchase - $60k

Rehab budget - Initially $20k and 3-4 weeks, now scope has ballooned and we're at $40k and 2 months

ARV - Initially $115k, now $135k. We weren't going to move walls or finish the basement but, to compete and to offer a comparable product to others that have sold, we felt we must (so did our wives). There are a few sold comps that support this but, not on this exact block and Philadelphia is not just a city of neighborhoods, it's a city that can change drastically block-by-block and property values are no different. One block the wrong direction can be an easy $20k difference.

So, follow along, ask questions, tell us what we're doing wrong (and right, if that were to happen) and enjoy the show. 

http://www.argopg.com/blog/

Loading replies...