Votes
Sean Cupertino
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
New from South Florida / Ft. Lauderdale, b4 in NJ Union County

Sean Cupertino
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Sep 6 2015, 10:21

I work in the pharmaceutical industry and was relocated to Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area from NJ / Union County two years ago when I found a new job. Great relocation package which included all fees/commissions associated with selling, compensation for loss of value of the NJ house, moving household goods and cars, and closing costs for the short sale house I bought in Davie, FL about 1.25 years ago. 

I love my house in Davie so much due to great neighborhood, pool, fruit trees, etc. We got the house for about $30k below market value, and did about $9k of work, which includes cost of new appliances. Down payment + $9k = exactly what I walked out with from my NJ house, and my mortgage amount was exactly what I left NJ with. We would live here until we retired (many, many years away), except....

I was informed by my employer this past week that by April 2016, all members of my group will either be terminated and get severance unless we accept the same full relocation plan to move up to the Chester County, PA area. 

I joined here to explore the possibility of renting my house out. I've started reading other posts, and started using Zillow to get names of agents advertising rental property in my neighborhood. I'll write a more detailed post in the renter's forum with some numbers to get feedback. 

Loading replies...