Votes
Richard Low
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
Going for it in Phoenix

Richard Low
  • Peoria, AZ
Posted Dec 18 2012, 16:03

Hello Biggerpockets! I think forums are one of the best professional resources in the world, and I'm just grateful to learn through everyone's experience!

I'm a full time dental student in Phoenix, Arizona and I want to start learning real estate now. Since I'm obviously poor, my plan is to learn by wholesaling. I've knocked doors in sales positions before, and I'm not afraid to get out there and make things happen. My plan is to complete my first deal through obtaining a list of pre-forclosures and knocking until I find a deal. Then I've got to find some buyers and create a good list of investors. After the first deal or two I plan to invest the profits in marketing through yellow letters, a website, and google adwords. My goal is to have my first deal done by the end of February (I'll start in Jan) and to have 12 wholesaling deal in 2013.

Long term I want to buy-fix-hold 1-2 properties per year, not leveraging myself too much to minimize risk from market fluctuations. While I'm in Phoenix for now, the Army is paying for my schooling so I don't know where I'll be for the 4 years after school.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, getting out there, and sharing what I find!

Loading replies...