Votes
Carl G.
  • Georgetown, TX
Votes |
Another Austin guy finally making his introduction

Carl G.
  • Georgetown, TX
Posted Jan 15 2013, 14:05

I've been lurking around here for some time. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the wealth of knowledge and experience on this site. I've been recommending it to my friends. I really enjoy all that it has to offer.

As you can see from my profile picture, I'm a younger guy (barely hanging onto my 20s). I was in commercial construction management for the last 5 years or so. I've been studying RE and other financial investment avenues. I'm also an Aggie grad (whoop!).

The time has come to expand my horizons and take my financial achievement into my own hands. I plan on doing this through real estate and entrepreneurship. I'm hoping to get something off the ground in the next month or so. I have an attorney, accountant, and some banks on my list to meet with. If anyone has any to suggest in the Austin area, I will be more than appreciative. I don't expect the first ones that I meet with to be the right ones. I'm also searching for a good mentor to bounce ideas off of and help guide me through this process. I have a couple people I talk to but the more experienced knowledge I have, the better.

I also plan on buying the audio and downloading the slides from last year's conference. I'm sure they are quite good. I'm kicking the idea around about attending this year's conference.

I saw a thread about the Austin meet-up. That's on the table as well.

So there you have it. I'm glad to be here and will be posting on anything that I can't find the answer to in the search function.

Thanks for the warm welcome I'm sure I'll receive.

Carl

Loading replies...