• Investor
  • Little Rock, AR
Votes |
Meth Head

Don Hines
  • Investor
  • Little Rock, AR
Posted Apr 5 2012, 05:32

I had the thought last night to see what kind of experience might be out there with fellow BP'rs.....
I will try to be as breif as possible. My wife and I sacrificed a lot of energy, money, emotions, almost our marriage, ETC a little more than 3 years ago to get my son and his live in on the road to recovery from meth. We took my grandkids into our home as foster parents under the "supervision" of Arkansas's version of child protection (DHS). For a year and a half, we watched these two finally give into the fact that they had to clean up.
We recently discovered that the girl has done only what she needed to do to get the kids back under her roof and has returned to her drug ways. We beleave she is even selling it to support her ways.
I don't think my son is back on it. He is the only support my grandchildren get as far as meals or any parental duties. The mother is useless.
The mother and father did learn how to keep DHS from taking action again. There is always food in the fridge and the house is much more cleaner than it has ever been. My son is not the sharpest pencil in the box. He cannot take any confrontational actions. She is very abusive and she uses his truck that is in her name, to run the streets after he gets home from work. He can't keep gas in it. He has even had to bum rides to work when she hasn't returned by the mornings.
I don't think my son has what it takes to line her out. But, I can't think he is back on the hooch just by watching him with the kids. I hope I don't have a father's blind eye.
The last time we went through this, both of them were neglagent toward the grandkids. The plan of action was simple. If I take the same action, it could deprive him of the kids which I don't think he deserves; even though he can't do anything about the mother.
When women are in theis situation, there are shelters for them to get away from abusive men with their kids. How come there is no place for men to go like this? BTW My wife is not his mother. She helps; but, not like she would if it was her own kid.
Any advice (critisisim) is appreciated.
Don

Loading replies...