• Real Estate Investor
  • chicago, IL
Votes |
electrical inspector is stalking me

Scott W.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • chicago, IL
Posted Feb 16 2013, 05:41

inspector showed up 1 day & got red tagged, with a stop order, for no permit (my fault). we applied for the permit & 2 days later, i called the inspector to apologize & when would the permit be ready as my renters want to move in march 2nd but i said i can't until everything passes. he said it was fine, he spoke to my licensed electrician, & signed off for the permit. i asked if i could pick it up. he asked for my ph# & said he'd call me back.

i then called the village clerk to ask about the status. she said, "it's here. come pay for it & pick it up."

left and got it. went to the house & posted it on the window.

I'm in my car, in front of the house, talking to a neighbor. all of a sudden the electrical inspector drives by slowly. he passes the house & goes 2 doors down, pulls into driveway, stops, pauses, reverses, & drives by us again. I waved but he just looked straight and ignored me.

I'm confused as to what his purpose was of driving by? any idea? perhaps he was just making sure permit was posted in the window or that we hadnt started the work before i got the permit? he's been a super nice guy otherwise and helpful.

Loading replies...