BiggerPockets

Ray Alcorn, Scott Scheel, etc.

Forum Powered By:

14 posts by 11 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Tyra General

Real Estate Investor from Maryland

Apr 28 '08, 10:22 PM

Has anyone ever purchased courses by them? If so please provide your feedback. We are looking into a solid and top notch course on Commercial Real Estate Investing.

Thanks and God Bless,

Tyra

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:07

Brendan D.

Real Estate Investor from Largo, Md

May 04 '08, 07:18 AM

i've heard good things about ray alcorn's course.

last year i went to a bootcamp and scott scheel was a presenter. he's the real deal. the guy really knows commercial real estate and how to analyze deals. i'd definitely recommend his materials, however you will probably get more out of his bootcamp.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:09

Tyra General

Real Estate Investor from Maryland

May 04 '08, 09:14 PM

Thanks for your response!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:09

Steve Schow

Real Estate Investor from Seattle, WA

Jun 16 '08, 04:43 AM

I purchased Ray Alcorn's course and was very very happy with it. Its not a hype session, its an honest to god technical manual about how to do business in commercial real estate effectively. I highly reccomend if you're interested in commercial real estate. Ray does not consider himself a guru and often is referred to as the non-guru. The reason is not because he isn't an actual " guru" . IN an actuality he may be more of a guru than most of the so called gurus out there. he's been involved in commercial real estate for over 30 years and his father was before him. He knows his stuff. But he doesn't do expensive seminars or mentorships or any stuff like that. he just sells his technical course and supports it on his forum. Pure and simple, the real deal, no hype. I highly reccomend.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:20

Maria Devereaux

Real Estate Investor from San Diego, CA

Sep 14 '08, 03:42 PM

I highly recommend Scott Scheel and his materials. Like anything else though, success will only come through implementation

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:55

Ron Lerman

Real Estate Investor from Laguna Niguel, California

Sep 16 '08, 02:49 AM

I also have used Scott's materials and have purchased an 80 unit and 96 unit as a direct result in the last 12 months. I actually have an extra copy available.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:55

Bryan Hancock

Real Estate Investor from Round Rock, Texas

May 30 '10, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by Steve Schow:
I purchased Ray Alcorn's course and was very very happy with it. Its not a hype session, its an honest to god technical manual about how to do business in commercial real estate effectively. I highly reccomend if you're interested in commercial real estate. Ray does not consider himself a guru and often is referred to as the non-guru. The reason is not because he isn't an actual " guru" . IN an actuality he may be more of a guru than most of the so called gurus out there. he's been involved in commercial real estate for over 30 years and his father was before him. He knows his stuff. But he doesn't do expensive seminars or mentorships or any stuff like that. he just sells his technical course and supports it on his forum. Pure and simple, the real deal, no hype. I highly reccomend.

Good feedback...I have considered purchasing Ray's material and will likely do so soon. I saw some video of him and he is definitely anti-guru...brownie points for me :mrgreen:

Edited Jun 26 2010, 13:01

Medium_inner10_logo__updated_Bryan Hancock, Inner 10 Capital
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 1-800-577-0401
Our Recent Austin Business Journal Article - http://tinyurl.com/Inner10Capital

Peter Giardini Donor

Real Estate Investor from Baltimore, Maryland

May 30 '10, 10:59 AM
2 votes

I have been learning from Ray Alcorn since the day I got interested in real estate.

His posts (on a different site), speaking in person and his course (if you could call it that... it is more of a desk guide for commerical real estate investing) are all top notch.

Best of luck!

Tracey Williams

Real Estate Investor from Ohio

May 30 '10, 11:28 AM

Glad I read this post! am on my way to get my copy of Ray Alcorn's book

Rachel H.

Jun 03 '10, 07:38 PM

Ray is great, he really knows his stuff!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 13:05

Bryan Hancock

Jun 03 '10, 09:08 PM

For people that have invested money in both...Scheel's stuff and Alcorn's stuff...Which did you find better if someone was only going to purchase one set? What is better/worse about each product...strengths and weaknesses?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 13:05

Bryan Hancock

Nov 08 '10, 10:56 PM

I met Ray Alcorn personally at a conference yesterday. He definitely knows his stuff and I would think his materials are as good as advertised on this thread.

Joel Block

Commercial Real Estate Broker from Agoura Hills, California

Nov 10 '10, 03:31 PM

Ray is a colleague and a friend. He is sophisticated and sharp as a tack. I would carefully study his materials and look to him for advice and counsel whether in the book or personally. JGB

Matthew Swarner

Real Estate Investor from Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Nov 10 '10, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by Ron Lerman:
I also have used Scott's materials and have purchased an 80 unit and 96 unit as a direct result in the last 12 months. I actually have an extra copy available.

Ron,
That's awesome. Did you do that with none of your own money or credit like he advertises? Could you elaborate on the deals please? I'd love to hear details and learn from your experience. Thanks.

Matt

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums