BiggerPockets

Anyone tried this course?

Forum Powered By:

10 posts by 8 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Mike Alverd

Jul 07 '11, 08:41 AM

www.ronsdollardeal.com

I would like to get feedback from anyone that has done this deal and the quality of the materials. Seems really good for $1. I was told that the course is downloaded and the materials are not sent to you.
Thanks

Aaron V.b

Real Estate Investor from Lancaster, Ohio

Jul 07 '11, 09:04 AM

Hi Mike, that dollar deal is a teaser course. Money would be better spent by reading this forum and contacting your local REIA. REIA meetings have libraries with courses and also people who are active investors.

Mike Grayford

Rehabber from Simi Valley, California

Jul 07 '11, 09:54 AM

I think the dollar deal is actually quite good, especially if you are new are to the wholesaling concept. You get access to a lot of information, and you can cancel before you get charged the ongoing costs if you want. Really, even if you think it totally sucks, you are only out a dollar. I paid my buck and then cancelled shortly after because ongoing updates were too slow in coming for me, but I feel it was a dollar very well spent.

Char Prado

Real Estate Investor from Alexandria, Virginia

Jul 08 '11, 02:41 AM

@ Mike,

I did the Ron's $1. It is worth it for the trial because you get access to course material (audio). Ron is into "continuity" (meaning recurring monthly fee's in his pocket) so you are flooded with offers, emails and news letters. But when you try to cancel you will be hit with 2-3 video request from him where he knocks off about $20 from the monthly fee if you stay, but was very ez to cancel.
Try it.... :D

Wendy Patton

Real Estate Coach from Clarkston, Michigan

Jul 08 '11, 05:34 AM

Hey what is a dollar if you get any value you whatsoever out of it? Now with that said, watch out for the continuity if you don't like what you signed up for. Meaning, if you sign up and don't jump right in and dig down deep to learn as much as possible then you are wasting your time. If you are serious, it might be a steal of a deal to check it out. Just remember to cancel if it is not what you want or expected.

Don Wallace

San Diego, California

Jul 13 '11, 12:55 PM

I grabbed this one too. I couldnt resist and it turned out to be money well spent.

Honestly, Im game for just about any product so long as I learn at least one good tip.

Ive spent thousands an thousands of dollars over the years on info products and while my wife thinks Ive gone off the deep end, I would happily do it all over again.

James Vermillion Donor

Real Estate Investor from Lexington, Kentucky

Jul 13 '11, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Don Wallace:
I grabbed this one too. I couldnt resist and it turned out to be money well spent.

Honestly, Im game for just about any product so long as I learn at least one good tip.

Ive spent thousands an thousands of dollars over the years on info products and while my wife thinks Ive gone off the deep end, I would happily do it all over again.

I would say you are one of the few people I have come across that is happy with the thousands spent on courses and products...most I have talked to regret it and wish they would have spent that money on actually purchasing properties or getting started in the business. I am glad it worked out for you though.

As for the dollardeal course, I doubt it teaches anything that cannot be found for free here or at a local library, so I would save my dollar and the hassle of follow up calls/emails.

Medium_kvJames Vermillion, K&V Investing
E-Mail: [email protected]
Invested in the Bluegrass!

Mike Grayford

Rehabber from Simi Valley, California

Jul 13 '11, 02:03 PM

James, having spent the dollar for Ron's information, I would disagree with you on this one. I think it is worth it if you are just starting to learn. It's nice to have information presented to you in one continuous "course", rather than having to search for scraps of info here and there. He also gives you written and audio files for the course, so you can listen while you are doing other things, which is nice. For a dollar, I think it's a good buy. And I haven't had any followup calls. I do get followup emails of his newsletter, but they are still somewhat interesting, so I haven't even cancelled those yet.

James Vermillion Donor

Real Estate Investor from Lexington, Kentucky

Jul 13 '11, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by Mike G.:
James, having spent the dollar for Ron's information, I would disagree with you on this one. I think it is worth it if you are just starting to learn. It's nice to have information presented to you in one continuous "course", rather than having to search for scraps of info here and there. He also gives you written and audio files for the course, so you can listen while you are doing other things, which is nice. For a dollar, I think it's a good buy. And I haven't had any followup calls. I do get followup emails of his newsletter, but they are still somewhat interesting, so I haven't even cancelled those yet.

I will take your word for it Mike, it does seem to have several good reviews...I am just so cautious about these things because of the many horror stories (not to mention arrests) out there.

Medium_kvJames Vermillion, K&V Investing
E-Mail: [email protected]
Invested in the Bluegrass!

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums