Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Votes |
I had no idea how to approach the landlords on this subject.

Account Closed
  • Private Money Lender
  • Oklahoma
Posted Jun 2 2010, 14:17

So I took people's advice for building my buyer's list and began cold calling landlords of 3-2 SFH from the newspaper. My God I was so nervous at the beginning lol. I was stuttering and tripping over words and they were like "I'm sorry I think my phone is breaking up." So then I wrote a script which went out the window as I calmed down and got used to it.

I got a couple of buyers. 3 out of 27 (that includes non returned voicemails I left on some). But for the most part I felt many had not heard of wholesalers and thought I was like Spam or something. They usually tried to cut the call short and said no thank you. Did have an interesting conversation with one who was not dealing with SFH anymore and only with multi housing now at how well he had done in 6 years. I won't lie, i wasn't just being excited to blow smoke up his rear. I was pretty excited and impressed with/for him as we talked. In the end I asked him if he wouldn't mind passing my name along if he happened to run across any investors who were interested which he was happy too.

Anyways back to my topic. As rentors/landlords, supposing you had not heard of the term/concept of wholesalers. Supposing I had a limited time from the time I picked up to get you excited at my prospect of wholesaling for you, how would you go about it were you me? You know your states of mind far better then I do.

Thank you for any and all feedback.

Michael

Loading replies...