Agent/Investor · Murphy, TX · Member since 2013 · 542 posts · 304 votes
11y
Check out NTAREI and the Roddy Roundup. You'll get the occasional sale pitch but not you need to expect that. Roddy is 2nd Tuesday in Farmers Branch and NTAREI is the third Thursday. I'm next door in Murphy so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2012 · 588 posts · 224 votes
11y
I've been but it's been a long time. I used to do a little business with joe who runs it. I never felt like much of a sales pitch. He does do some mentoring on the side which he will pitch but it wasn't a hard sale. I did sign up for his marketing program which was not fruitful and a "burn out" class which did have some useful info.
I stopped going mainly because it was an inconvenient time but also because the side benefit of gaining contacts of seasoned investors wasn't there. It was mainly newbies. If I wanted to go to more rei meetings I'd go to this one still
Agent/Investor · Murphy, TX · Member since 2013 · 542 posts · 304 votes
11y
Check out NTAREI and the Roddy Roundup. You'll get the occasional sale pitch but not you need to expect that. Roddy is 2nd Tuesday in Farmers Branch and NTAREI is the third Thursday. I'm next door in Murphy so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Homeowner · Parker, TX · Member since 2015 · 62 posts · 9 votes
11y
Thanks @Shawn Thom. What REI meetings do you go to? The Dallas one looks to be in Irving which is too far for me. What is a "burn out" class?
Thanks @Todd Plambeck. Are there any groups near us here in Collin county? I'm definitely interested in going somewhere where people are talking about the area and what they are able to do. As a newbie myself, just being around folks will help me with the lingo and what's working well around here, things being as hot as they are.
Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2012 · 588 posts · 224 votes
11y
@Tony Hernandez I have been to the dallas REIG one, I have been to 1 of the dfwreiclub.com meetings, and 1 of the ntarei.com meetings. They were all beneficial as I came out with a few nuggets from all. None of them I remember as being as too sales pitchy.
The burn out class (click here for the class) was some mentoring I did around marketing and rehabbing houses that have been burned (house fires). I did it before they raised the prices to the crazy amounts they are charging now.