• Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Facebook?

Becky Watkins
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Apr 6 2011, 02:27

I've seen questions about using facebook, but it seems to be mostly people wondering if they should sign up. I have been on facebook for a few years. I was wondering what I should do now that I'm starting in the real estate business. I already made only my basics visible to non-friends, and not even all friends have full access to my profile and feed. I was also thinking of making a facebook page for my business at the same time I make a website. However, I know people are going to be searching for me and I already got a friend request last night after going to a REIA meeting. I'm going to throw some questions out there, so if you have any tips, let me know.

1) Should I make myself not searchable, thus also blocking myself from friends?
2) Should I have another profile - the problem with this is it will be empty and I don't like the idea of two identities.

Okay actually I don't remember the rest of the questions and ideas that were running through my head while driving a few minutes ago. Please let me know what you do or if you have any suggestions. It's not like my facebook is unprofessional, but it's not professional if that makes sense. If I had a professional profile, I would only post relevant stuff. However, my facebook is full of every facet of my life. I have my old high school friends, family, etc. It's not like it's incriminating, but random and silly.

I just like to be real and don't like the idea of monitoring my profile.

Loading replies...