BiggerPockets

Looking for a good direct mail letter

Forum Powered By:

40 posts by 26 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Mark Davis

Real Estate Investor from New York, New York

Aug 05 '05, 04:49 AM

Does anyone have a good example of a letter that they use to do direct mailings? I've been thinking about starting a mailing campaign to pre-foreclosures, but I'm in need of some inspiration.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 02:51

Jeff Fairchild

Real Estate Investor from Vancouver, Washington

Jul 11 '08, 03:00 PM

The author of
[AFFILIATE LINKS REMOVED]

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:30 by Administrator

Eric Medemar

Real Estate Coach from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Jul 14 '08, 02:03 AM
2 votes

If I were you I would learn to write my own. Get yourself a good dan Kennedy book on writing sales letters, or you can get prewritten letters in many of the foreclosure books out there.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:31

Jason Hanson

Real Estate Coach from Oakton, Virginia

Jul 15 '08, 08:34 PM
2 votes

To be successful you need to learn the art of direct mail and to be able to write your own letters.

You need to be able to write letters for pre-foreclosure, bankruptcy, absentee landlords, etc...

A well written letter is worth its weight in gold.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 05:31

Alida D.

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Apr 22 '09, 11:15 AM

Wow a three page homeowner letter. Don't you guys think that is a little long?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:01 by Administrator

Justin S. Donor

Real Estate Investor from Chandler, Arizona

Apr 23 '09, 11:44 AM

I've used the Bill Barnett letter from Dumb Enough to be rich. It generates a good response. I knocked it down to two pages.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:01

Medium_rezamp_buscard_whiteJustin S., Rezamp, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 4806780446

Douglas Christian

Real Estate Investor from Charlotte, North Carolina

Apr 23 '09, 12:31 PM
1 vote

To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:01

Justin S. Donor

Real Estate Investor from Chandler, Arizona

Apr 23 '09, 02:43 PM
1 vote

I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE.

What are you saying on your post cards?

What color are your post cards?

What percentage response are you getting?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:02

Medium_rezamp_buscard_whiteJustin S., Rezamp, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 4806780446

Blake Copeland

Real Estate Investor from Austin, Texas

Apr 23 '09, 05:13 PM

Someone told me something about a "Yellow Letter" they said it was really short just a small paragraph and supposedly it gets great response. Either that or a lot of people got suckered into buying this "yellow letter tempelate" lol

A high volume wholesaler friend of mine in Tampa, FL said to use SalesTeamLive. If you have the budget it may be worth it I guess.

Douglas Christian

Apr 23 '09, 10:07 PM
2 votes

When I send out my postcards. They are worded in such a way that it is not intimidating and also, if you have seen my truck, my postcard is not yellow it is money Green.

If I send out 100 postcards which I do every mth. I get a minimum of 18-25 call backs, but they don't call me. They call my 800# which is live and answers all my calls based upon scripts that I have given them and tweeked.

Once all info is answered they forward the info to me and I can sit at my computer or blackberry and determine if that is a deal or not. I call all individuals back and let them know that there deal is not for me or it is, but I give them advice on what they should do whether a short sale, deed in lue of foreclosure or try and sell.

Been using the same postcard for 7yrs now and would not change it for anything.

Letters must be opened. I do not care what color it is. People in trouble get bombarded with letters and documents. They are overwhelmed and many of them can not handle the pressure.

Postcards are cheap and EVECTIVE.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Blake Copeland

Real Estate Investor from Austin, Texas

Apr 23 '09, 11:36 PM

Great post Douglas. I'm starting to really consider hiring a virtual assistant/ live operator for my toll free number inbound calls. Is there a specific company you recommend?

Have you had any luck outsourcing your leads to Realtors for a profit?

Stephen N.

Accountant from greenwell springs, Louisiana

Apr 24 '09, 12:16 AM

Douglas,

Can you post a picture of what your postcard looks like?

Douglas Christian

Apr 24 '09, 03:18 AM

Hello Stephen and Blake. I use PAT LIVE out of FL great organization. Very reasonable and 24hr service.

Stephen would love to post it, but if you send me your info I will send you a copy of it and ask that you do not POST IT.

I love helping people, but I am only willing to help those that are willing to help themselves first. By you asking me for the card I feel priviledge to send it to you.

They work and when you see it, I will ask that you send me a check in the mail. Because your deals will start coming in.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Stephen N.

Accountant from greenwell springs, Louisiana

Apr 24 '09, 10:34 AM

Douglas,

I tried to pm you but you are not one of my colleagues?

so i sent a request to be your colleague and i put my contact info in the message. Let me know if you didn't get it. thanks.

Douglas Christian

Apr 24 '09, 12:15 PM

I got it and the post card is on the way. Enjoy it. Once you do a few deals with it maybe you can reach back and remember the small folks like ME.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Terry Royce

Real Estate Investor from Baltimore, Maryland

Apr 26 '09, 12:21 AM

Doug you never sent me the letter/postcard you said you would. Could you please?

Thanks.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:03 by Administrator: Email address removed from post

Douglas Christian

Apr 26 '09, 09:06 PM

Sorry about that. I get so many requests and stay busy until I forgot. Charge it to my head not to my heart. It is on its way.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:03

Michael Scott

Real Estate Investor from Phoenix, Arizona

May 01 '09, 04:52 PM

Can i see? [EMAIL REMOVED]

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:07 by Administrator

Stephen Moore

Real Estate Investor from america

May 03 '09, 12:22 AM

i want one as well [EMAIL REMOVED] thanks in advance

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:07 by Administrator

Mark F.

Real Estate Investor from Orange County, California

May 04 '09, 08:54 AM

Douglas, I am just starting a marketing campaign and I would love to get your postcard as well. Hugely appreciated!!

[EMAIL REMOVED]

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:08 by Administrator

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums