Getting crazy high quotes to Resurface pool on Ahwatukee flip.

2 Replies

Hi everyone,

We just went under contract on a flip in Ahwatukee with a pretty large diving pool that has been sitting empty for around 2 years and needs resurfacing and the deck has some cracking and needs to be sealed / painted. We don't know yet if any of the equipment works either. I've gotten 3 quotes and they are all in the 20k+ range.. I budgeted 10k. Can anyone recommend any Arizona

pool people that works with flippers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

Originally posted by @Chris Keator :

Hi everyone,

We just went under contract on a flip in Ahwatukee with a pretty large diving pool that has been sitting empty for around 2 years and needs resurfacing and the deck has some cracking and needs to be sealed / painted. We don't know yet if any of the equipment works either. I've gotten 3 quotes and they are all in the 20k+ range.. I budgeted 10k. Can anyone recommend any Arizona

pool people that works with flippers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

Looks like plaster. I’d get a local pool guy or handyman to do patches then paint it to cover patches.  They can also patch the decking and paint it too.

I worked in the pool biz for ten years. This is how I’d do it unless the plaster is bubbling. Then all I’d do is scrape it where it’s blistered and do what I said above.

This is obviously not a “resurface” but will look great and if done right can last years.

Hell I’d do it myself if there’s enough time. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here