Getting crazy high quotes to Resurface pool on Ahwatukee flip.

Getting crazy high quotes to Resurface pool on Ahwatukee flip.

Real Estate Agent · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone,

We just went under contract on a flip in Ahwatukee with a pretty large diving pool that has been sitting empty for around 2 years and needs resurfacing and the deck has some cracking and needs to be sealed / painted. We don't know yet if any of the equipment works either. I've gotten 3 quotes and they are all in the 20k+ range.. I budgeted 10k. Can anyone recommend any Arizona

pool people that works with flippers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 583 posts · 919 votes
    7y

    Use CDC Pools. It'll be less than $5k to resurface. 

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2018 · 212 posts · 183 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Chris Keator:

    Hi everyone,

    We just went under contract on a flip in Ahwatukee with a pretty large diving pool that has been sitting empty for around 2 years and needs resurfacing and the deck has some cracking and needs to be sealed / painted. We don't know yet if any of the equipment works either. I've gotten 3 quotes and they are all in the 20k+ range.. I budgeted 10k. Can anyone recommend any Arizona

    pool people that works with flippers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

    Looks like plaster. I’d get a local pool guy or handyman to do patches then paint it to cover patches.  They can also patch the decking and paint it too.

    I worked in the pool biz for ten years. This is how I’d do it unless the plaster is bubbling. Then all I’d do is scrape it where it’s blistered and do what I said above.

    This is obviously not a “resurface” but will look great and if done right can last years.

    Hell I’d do it myself if there’s enough time. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.