Investors in md/va/dc area

Investors in md/va/dc area

Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2008 · 51 posts · 3 votes

Are there any investors or groups meeting in md,va,or dc? I'm looking to learn more about getting started in RE investing from successful investors.

0Reply
22 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · London · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 74 votes
    19y

    There are a number of groups.

    Have you searched this site or used Google?

    There is a national REIA group site that lists local meetings. You can check MeetUp for meetings in specific cities.

    If you really can not find anything let me know. Pick a city and I can show what is closest based on the public info.

    John Corey

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Hi BNaley,

    I too am in the DC Metro Area. If you want to learn about Real Estate Investing and have a great place to network you should attend The DC REIA Meeting in Bowie. There is a VA Branch as well.

    http://www.dcvareig.com/

    http://www.dccmreig.com/

    If you would like to chat, feel free to send me a pm.

    Take care & God Bless,

    Knowledge

  • VA · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Has anyone attended any of these meetings?

    Would like to attend, but don't want to end up going to some sales pitch.

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Hi,

    I regularly attend the DC REIA meeting in Bowie, MD. Most of the meetings do have a sales pitch at the end. However, I use this as an opportunity to network and learn. Even if I get a couple of pointers, it adds to my knowledge pool and keeps me up to date with things that are going on in this area.

    I hope this helps,

    Knowledge

  • VA · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    thanks for the info. I'll have to try the one out in VA and see how it goes.

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2008 · 31 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I'm new to REI and will be attempting to attend these.

  • Washington, Washington D.C. · Member since 2008 · 91 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    I have been to the one in Bowie, MD about 4 times now since aug 07. I like it a lot. It has a bit of a sales pitch at the beginning and sometimes at the end, but overall, I don't find it too "salesy," and I'm generally pretty easily annoyed by sales pitches, so I think my viewpoint is reasonable.

    I have not been to the one in VA yet, but would like to do so. I feel that the Bowie club is heavily skewed towards Baltimore investors, and I live in DC, so I'd like to learn more about investor areas and investors that are closer to where I live (DC or Northern Virginia are all a bit more convenient). If anyone has attended the VA REIA meeting, let me know what you think of it.

    I would also love to find out what the hot zip codes are in NOVA, DC, and Prince Georges Counties for investors these days. I'm about to start up my wholesaling business.

    Thanks,
    Dan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.