Abandoned Commercial Property & Duplexes

Abandoned Commercial Property & Duplexes

New to Real Estate · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 30 votes

I typically work out of Columbus and and am much more familiar with that area, however I recently came across an abandoned commercial property in Dayton (more specifically Northridge?) but am completely unfamiliar with the area. I am trying to run some numbers on the property but am unsure what demand is like for a property like this in Dayton? Is there a good deal of commercial vacancy right now?

As for the duplexes in Springfield what sort of returns are investors looking for in that area? I'm not seeing a lot of volume and am hesitant to get into something I cannot move at a later date.

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 16 votes
5y

@Ryan Freet

I’m an investor/contractor in Springfield. It’s definitely an interesting market. If you want to meet up sometime to talk more I’m happy to share what I know.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Ryan Freet

    I’m an investor/contractor in Springfield. It’s definitely an interesting market. If you want to meet up sometime to talk more I’m happy to share what I know.

  • Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Is it a vacant retail building, office building or industrial/flex kind of space? Northridge is one of the softer markets in all of Dayton. Our firm has been based in Dayton for 40+ years, so I am happy to discuss further if you would like.

  • New to Real Estate · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed It has vacant retail and restaurant space but would require a full gut and rehab. Looking around online I am seeing a decent amount of commercial vacancy which leads me to believe the market for a full rehab on some commercial space is very small. I am thinking it would only have land value at this point.

    @Nate Fleming I'm trying to gauge interest in Springfield from investors. I don't have a lot of info on the various areas of town, I'm looking specifically Oakwood Place, Clifton Avenue, Highlands and that area. I'd definitely be interested in hear your thoughts.

  • Lender · Dayton, OH · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    Agreed, land value at best, especially with vacant retail/restaurant space.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.