Katy Texas Rental Market

Katy Texas Rental Market

Architect · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 25 votes

Hi Houston BPers,

My wife is interested in investing in Katy in a newly built SFH. What is the rental market like for SFH in Katy right now? I heard last year it was the largest number of renters in Houston. Is that true? I'm just not that in tune with single family now since I've been focusing on multifamily and in other areas. What are your thoughts on investing in a new build house in Katy for rental?

Thanks in advance!

0Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

Investors can pay retail any day of the week simply by searching the MLS. When you buy a new build, you're buying at "HIGH" retail which means you're speculating, not investing. Depending purely on appreciation as an investing strategy at this point in the economic cycle likely won't end well for your wife. Not being critical...just honest. I've lived through 2 market corrections and things are eerily familiar right now.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.