• Investor
  • Valrico, FL
Votes |
St Petersburg Craiglist ads

David Oberlander
  • Investor
  • Valrico, FL
Posted Apr 8 2016, 07:07

There is no St Petersburg Craiglist as you already know because you're a smart real estate investor like myself.  You have to go to Tampa Craiglist and subdivide by county.  But I need to warn my fellow landlords about the latest(? LOL it's not that new) scam because  it affects YOU.

There is a St Petersburg RUSSIA Craiglist and if you look at it in the Apts/Housing for rent section you will find only listings for apts/housing in FLORIDA.  There are 23 ads from scum trying to steal money from people there today.  (Until I go back and flag every ad)  Most of course ask for money upfront by Western Union (or similar).

They took the photos used from your ad somewhere else.  They got mine from Postlets which I found out after one applicant called back and told about the ad (for less money of course).  The scammer had sent her a long sob story about his charity work and need to leave the state quickly for his job.  Then 3 other people found our office phone number and called me after talking to this scum.  I did not like being bothered this way.  

Neither Postlets or Craigslist will help attempt to stop them so it's up to us.  I've flagged ads there before and I will do that again in a few days.  You can look there for a few laughs today.  Please help out and look there occasionally and flag any ad you see.  If it's not in Russian it's a fake.

Thanks, David

Loading replies...