Can close now, but co-op building isn't allowing move-ins now....

Can close now, but co-op building isn't allowing move-ins now....

Maspeth, NY · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 62 votes

So I'm able to close right now on a co-op here in NYC and my rate lock on the mortgage expires next week.  However, the co-op association isn't allowing move-in's at this time due to the Coronavirus.

I know this is new territory, but would it be reasonable to ask to defer the closing until I'm allowed to move in? It's sort of unfair for me to close on it, pay a mortgage and HOA on a place which I can't even move into. The property is vacant as it's an estate sale. I'm currently renting and am on a month-to-month basis with the landlord who knows the situation.

0Reply
10 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.