Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Gina C.
  • Remote
Votes |
LLC Primary Residence/Address Questions...

Gina C.
  • Remote
Posted Jun 29 2015, 18:37

Ok, so hi, I'm new to these forums... :-)

I live in NY and I want to form an LLC in NJ. I will be moving to NJ in Oct/Nov anyway but mainly because, as we all know, NY has the ridiculous law that forces you to "publish an article in a newspaper" about your new business within 90 days of forming the LLC, which can cost hundreds of dollars.

My question is: If I filled out the NJ LLC document online, and used MY NEW YORK address as the LLCs primary address will I STILL have to form a foreign LLC in NY? I'm trying to avoid forming any LLCs, whether domestic or foriegn, in NY.

If necessary, I won't do any business AT ALL after I've formed the LLC if that will accomplish my goal. Also, what if I get a PO box at the USPS or UPS. Can I use THAT as my primary address for legal docs etc and on my LLC application? As you all may or may not know, USPS PO boxes now are formatted as street addresses (ie, not "P.O. Box 12345..." but "1234 Any St #12345, Any City, Any State, 12345 where you use the physical address of the USPS branch and the number is your PO box)

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to accomplish my goal? I live in NY but I want to form an LLC in NJ but NOT have to form a foreign LLC in NY. And I know I could just "wait" but I tend to have issues with "taking action" so this is more of a personal thing for me and I really want to do it as soon as I can. Thanks for all of your help.

-Gina

Loading replies...