My $1,000.00 mistake

My $1,000.00 mistake

Real Estate Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 56 posts · 13 votes

so I ended up selling my 2nd property to another investor and hit my goal for a target profit, however, I forgot the magic phrase NET to seller in the contract. When I purchased the property from the previous owner I agreed to no tax proration so the property taxes ended up coming out of my profit. It was still a good deal for me, but could have been better. I basically wholesaled this property.

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Valparaiso , IN · Member since 2013 · 604 posts · 327 votes
12y

You just paid 1k for education, Im guessing you'll never forget that again !

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 336 posts · 54 votes
    12y

    @Marc Pfleger That's awesome dude.... Keep up the good work and rock on!

  • Contractor · Valparaiso , IN · Member since 2013 · 604 posts · 327 votes
    12y

    You just paid 1k for education, Im guessing you'll never forget that again !

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    Great Post, I closed a wholesale deal 2 weeks ago and in the sellers contract I had "Buyer pays all closing costs", but in the buyers contract I had "Closing costs will be split", so me being in the middle had to cover about $1,300 in closing costs and title insurance.

    You're darn right @Chris Adams , I will never make that mistake again!

  • Real Estate Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 56 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    @Chris Adams you live and you learn, I most certainly will never make that mistake again. On to the next deal ...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.