Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Mike Rodriguez
  • Cleveland
Votes |
how do you find a investor-agent friendly broker to work under?

Mike Rodriguez
  • Cleveland
Posted May 27 2015, 04:53

I'm planning to get my RE agent license for the sole purpose of wholsaling in Ohio.  How do I go about finding a broker that is "investor-agent" friendly?

User Stats

Votes
Josh Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX, United States
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX, United States
Replied May 27 2015, 05:21

Go to your local REIA club and find a broker who also invests, or see where the other agents hang their shingle What part of Ohio are you in?

User Stats

Votes
Jerome Harrod II
  • Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 27 2015, 05:23

Note, I'm from Maryland, but Most brokers nowadays are okay with agents investing and being wholesalers. It's just a matter of wording what you are talking about correctly and following the procedures the broker has in place.

"I'm looking to be a listing agent with a emphasis on investments. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, on the side I will occasionally be assigning contracts for profit and working with investors.  Is that a problem?"

That is the kind of language you use on the Interviews with your broker and watch how they respond.

Look up someone named "Karl Krentzel" and his blog tenminuteskill. He really is the best and probably only guy I know of specializing in the "Agent/Investor" area of the business.

Hope that helps,

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mike Rodriguez
  • Cleveland
Votes |
  • Cleveland
Replied May 27 2015, 05:34

Josh, I'll be in the greater Cincinnati/Dayton area.

that does help. Thanks Jerome.

User Stats

Votes
Karl Krentzel
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied May 27 2015, 08:05

Great question Mike!  

Unfortunately, to answer this question completely as it deserves, there isn't enough space on this post!  Feel free to PM me however, and I can share a few ideas with you!

Have A Powerful Sales Day!!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Rodriguez
  • Cleveland
Votes |
  • Cleveland
Replied May 29 2015, 21:01

Karl, Thanks  I saw the article you posted in my WLO Facebook forum post and I'll be sure to put the info to good use.   I'll share it here in case other's come across this post.

https://tenminuteskill.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/ho...

Thanks again