• Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Investor Friendly Brokers near Atlanta Georgia

Andy Sturm
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Jun 30 2015, 06:03

I am a Real Estate Investor and licensed in Ohio as an agent. I am also looking to become licensed in GA, where I will be moving in the summer of 2016. I have seen their reciprocal application and it seems fairly simple to become licensed in GA. If you are already licensed in another state. I will be moving to an area not yet decided between Carrollton and Ackworth so west of Atlanta. I am looking for a broker that is investor friendly. Currently my broker allows me to adjust my commission from 0%-to whatever the seller is paying on a buy. On a sale I can also take 0%. All the brokerage charges is a flat fee if I choose to take a 0% commission. Can anyone recommend a investor friendly brokerage that allows its agents to adjust their commissions like this?

User Stats

Votes
Sreenath Vemulapalli
  • Investor
  • Roswell, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Roswell, GA
Replied Jun 30 2015, 09:49

For all that are interested, I'd recommend working with Mahsa Nicknam.  She's a broker and an investor as well, which I've found to be rare.  Contact her at 404-998-4118.

User Stats

Votes
Anna Ryder
  • Contractor
  • Smyrna, GA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Smyrna, GA
Replied Jul 1 2015, 09:24

Hi Andy, @Andy Sturm

I have also wondered this same thing! I am in the process of getting my RE license in GA, and I need to find a broker that is willing to work with me on my investing.  

Keep me posted if anyone reaches out to you regarding this.  And I will do the same.  

@Sreenath Vemulapalli

Thanks for the suggestion on Mahsa! I will give her a call.  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Sreenath Vemulapalli
  • Investor
  • Roswell, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Roswell, GA
Replied Jul 1 2015, 10:33

@Anna Ryder You can find @Mahsa Nicknamon BP as well.  Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Vincent
  • Investor/Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor/Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jul 2 2015, 17:31

I just passed my pre licensure course and was looking for for a broker that would be investor friendly as well as someone who won't charge a monthly fee. I work and I'm a student and would like to have as little overhead as possible

User Stats

Votes
Andy Sturm
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jul 3 2015, 06:12

Thanks for connection @Sreenath VemulapalliI reached out to @Mahsa Nicknam, and hopefully we can work something out. Hope you guys have a great 4th of July weekend!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Donnelly
  • White, GA
Votes |
  • White, GA
Replied Nov 26 2016, 21:08

Hi Andy, Anna and Bryan,

I'm also interested in locating an investor friendly broker, ideally in the North Metro area.

I plan to retire in April 2017 and currently doing my research to start a second career in real estate investing, most likely flipping.  Also, strongly leaning toward getting my real estate license.

I'd love to hear if any of you were successful finding a broker to hold your license as an investor.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmood Ramzan
  • Norcross, GA
Votes |
  • Norcross, GA
Replied Dec 14 2016, 07:55

Hi all, any suggestions on investor friendly brokerage firms in Georgia / Atlanta? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Adam Treece
  • USAF
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • USAF
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Dec 31 2016, 19:45

@Mahmood Ramzan I am about to close a deal in Decatur and have been working with Tech Hartness at Custom Mortgage Services, Inc. in Alpharetta.  The whole experience has been very easy and he has been helpful all along the way answering any questions I had (which was a lot since this is my first property).  

The property I am closing on is a quadplex, and it will be my first investment property.  I would be happy to provide further details if wanted, but hopefully this will get you going in the right direction,

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Johnson
  • Stockbridge, GA
Votes |
  • Stockbridge, GA
Replied Aug 6 2017, 07:46

Good morning everyone! Did anyone have any luck? I've passed the exam and swapped to inactive status.