Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Votes |
Would you travel 7,531 miles to attend a Real Estate Happy Hour in Korea?

Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Nov 10 2014, 17:30

The Korea Real Estate Group continues to go strong!

As @John Van Uytven  posted a few weeks back, we had our first meetup in Seoul and were pleasantly surprised by the turnout.

Seoul Meet Up

This week we decided to host a Happy Hour for those who came to the Meet Up along with other people interested in real estate. 

Our special guest (at least for me and @Benjamin Hauser ) - Our Joint Venture partners from Jacksonville, Florida, @Maxwell Lee @Kelly L.  were able to attend! 

They didn't come just for the Happy Hour though ^^ They happened to be near Korea while traveling Europe and Asia, so they stopped by Seoul before heading back stateside this week.

Also in attendance, fellow BP Member @Jacob Michaels and his wife, Victoria.

I met Max and Kelly through BP and through Video Chatting, emails, etc, we eventually decided to invest together in Jax, along with my real estate partner here in Korea, Ben. 

This weekend was the first time we were all able to meet in person.. 

So BP helps facilitate another "Investor Connection" -Thanks for all the great work @Joshua Dorkin & @Brandon Turner

Also, all the others mentioned in the post (except for Ben) were all people I met through BP.

I'm excited about the future. I will eventually start blogging on BP about what it's like to invest from abroad and how we're able to create the necessary systems, etc, to make it all work out. 

It's been quite a journey so far! So I wonder: 

Has anyone else traveled 7,531 miles to meet up with their partners for the first time? If not, maybe we've set a new BP Record!

And now for some pics:

(Great bar in Itaewon, Seoul - an area with lots of foreign restaurants, etc)

(Enjoying a quiet beer and the view before the fun begins)

(Talking Real Estate)

(Me - Right bottom; Max and Kelly to my right; John standing up - the dude with the goatee; Ben (in black) standing up far left in the back; Jacob and his wife Victoria - Jacob has the baby in his hands)

(Ben -right side in black - talking to some latecomers. I definitely need a better flash ^^)

(Ben preparing the beer / soju combinations - known as "Poktanju", which basically means 'explosion'. There will be many consumed as Kelly teaches us some Chinese drinking games. Games are fun.. but compared to Korean drinking games, much more complicated..)

Loading replies...