Huy N.
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
sync your personal blog with bp blog

Huy N.
  • Houston, TX
Posted Mar 16 2015, 12:05

Hello fellow Geek!

I wonder if there is a way to sync your personal/business blog with bigger pocket blog? I don't know if anyone is having the issue like me where i have to maintain two identical blog and try to make sure that all the contents are the same on both blog. It's very annoying when you have to go back and edit something on one blog, you have to remember to go to the other blog and make the same change.

If there is a way i can sync the blog, that would be awesome.

User Stats

Votes
Karl Krentzel
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Mar 16 2015, 12:10

You know.. the ONE thing I dislike about BP is that.  They are incredibly narrow sighted when it comes to this issue.  

BP wants to try to keep all the traffic on their site (better for commercial production) than to have you "Poach" "Their" people.  

Personally, I despise this; mostly because people are smart enough to either press a link or not.  

But, as I am simply a weary traveler here... I must abide by the rules.  

It's almost as if they FAIL to realize that all the links leading from our blogs will help them in SEO and Searches... But then, I suppose the common thought is "We are doing just fine in the SEO Department... so we don't really need you."

But then, that really delves into the issue of Content Marketing then doesn't it? 

Good luck on this issue.  I don't see it changing.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lerch
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Mar 16 2015, 14:21

Bummer, this would be a great feature. Even if it was available to PRO members only... like me :)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 17 2015, 07:54

Hey @Huy N. - BiggerPockets exists today because of this problem. We've deleted numerous threads of yours recently because of the blatant self promotion you post. It has nothing to do with keeping people on the site - or else we wouldn't have ads all around the page. It has to do with creating a safe community where people don't feel they are getting pitched from members everywhere they go. There have been dozens of real estate communities that have popped up over the past decade, and BP has BLOWN past every single one of them because of this policy. Ironically, it's only the gurus, salespeople, and self promoters who seem to have an issue with it... and honesty, that doesn't hurt our feelings one bit. There are a few other (dying) communities around the web where you are more than welcome to pitch people to your podcast, youtube videos, coaching program, and whatever else, and I encourage you to frequent them! Their members could use some more pitching. Ours would prefer not. And this is why BiggerPockets is the powerhouse that it is today.

User Stats

Votes
Karl Krentzel
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Mar 17 2015, 08:10
Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

And @Karl Krentzel - BiggerPockets exists today because of this problem.....

@Brandon, trust me... given the OBVIOUS fact that I am not a "guru" of any sort... just a practitioner, like you.

My argument, (although falling on deaf ears) is simply that MANY questions that are asked (and there are a TON of great ones on BP.. again... thanks to you.) that cannot be answered quickly or easily on a simple 150 character post.  

To be clear... I am a Realtor®, a Broker, an Investor, and many other things... but a Guru I am not, and if I didn't get ONE single person to ever listen to me ever again, it would make no difference to me.  

I did podcasting, and blogging, and my videos for free when I created them out of a love for this business.  I've never charged a fee for 99% of the stuff I make.  

My business is Real Estate.  Not "shameless self promotion."  

I believe any, and/or all of my readers or listeners would clearly agree with that. 

This is a good blog...  I answered his question and added my personal opinion.  

Of course, I appreciate all the work that you, as well as your staff at BP have done to create a powerful platform for Investors to communicate, as well as interact. 

It is simply my opinion, that you needn't have a TOTAL ban on ALL links whatsoever.  I would totally agree with you that "shameless self promotion" should be eliminated, and of course, links to sales pages, et. al. should be deleted.

But when your staff says "we don't want you to mention "Google"", then I think that is a bit excessive. 

Nonetheless, you have a great blog, and I don't want to take away from your achievements.  Who the heck am I?  I didn't start a nationally famous blog as you did.  I am a simple guy offering advice. 

That's all.