Buying & Selling Real Estate Forum

Cash only sellers
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Panama City Beach, Florida
Cash only sellers

Found a deal for in the area I am wanting to be in. Now the seller is doing a cash only sale. I have looked up a few reasons why someone do that. I don’t know why they are doing cash only. My question to experienced buyers is should I, or could I even try to negotiate with this seller or just pas...

New investor needing help with my first project
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Tulsa, Oklahoma
New investor needing help with my first project

Hi my name is Greg I'm from Tulsa Oklahoma. Currently seeking for some help in trying to secure my first deal. I am open to single family Holmes as well as multi unit properties with house hacking potential. I would also be willing to work under someone or a team to learn and assist with Whatever...

selling 1950's house, what to do first
Buying & Selling Real Estate
selling 1950's house, what to do first

A dated 1950's house. Market is strong here, but there could be some 'issues' with the house. Has a french drain with channels in basement. Basement has quite a good amount of livable square footage. The issue is on a very heavy rainstorm (rare, maybe once a year or every 2 years) water will pour...

Investing in Philadelphia
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Investing in Philadelphia

Hello Bigger Pockets Philadelphia! I have been investing in the area for the past few months but seem to be spinning my wheels. Investors- how has it been recently for you? Are you finding deals to be few and far between? Competition amongst investors too high? How many homes do you look at befor...

[Remote investing] When should you have your team assembled by?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
[Remote investing] When should you have your team assembled by?

Hi BP community, If you are investing in a state that you have never invested in before remotely, how much time would you give yourself to assemble a good core team before getting under contract? My idea of a core team: Buyer's Agent Seller's Agent Lender General Contractor Appraiser Nark (progre...

Buying Pre-Foreclosures (Non Judicial) Foreclosures To Do Fix & Flips or Rentals
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Buying Pre-Foreclosures (Non Judicial) Foreclosures To Do Fix & Flips or Rentals

Pre-Foreclosures / Foreclosures fit into several groups and are done under each State's laws. It varies by State. Primarily there are Judicial & Non Judicial foreclosures. Out west and midwest are typically Non Judicial, that means they don't have to go to court to foreclose. East coast is typica...

Ever Wonder Why Most Financial Advisors Never Suggest Buying Real Estate ?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Ever Wonder Why Most Financial Advisors Never Suggest Buying Real Estate ?

Because they can't make a commission on it. Simple Truths. But you can make a ton of money, if you do it correctly.

Connecting and Working Together
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Connecting and Working Together

Heya everyone! I’m currently an investment analyst at a real estate shop in Dallas. Separate from my day job, I’ve built an underwriting tool I’m looking to test on real deals to see. If there are any multifamily acquisitions agents or operators here, I’d love to connect, as I believe I could sav...

1 votes0 Replies
What would you do in this situation?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
What would you do in this situation?

Hi all, I've had an "opportunity" come up and was hoping to get some opinions and/or hear from people who have had something similar happen. I had a family member that knows I invest in real estate reach out to me today asking if I wanted to buy their house for $225k. After thinking it through an...

Building my team
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Frederick, Maryland
Building my team

I'm asking for advice on building my real estate investing team, in my area.. also which strategies might be best for beginners?? Thank you

The Part of Real Estate Investing People Don’t Talk About Enough:
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Orlando, Florida
The Part of Real Estate Investing People Don’t Talk About Enough:

Finding the right property. When people talk about real estate investing, the conversation usually goes straight to cash flow, appreciation, financing, or how many properties someone owns. But I think one of the most important parts of investing happens before any of that: finding the right prope...

0 votes0 Replies
Feedback on condo deal screening MVP
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Tampa, Florida
Feedback on condo deal screening MVP

Hi everyone. I’m building an early mvp prototype for a Florida condo deal-screening tool for investors. It helps highlight condo-specific risks, missing diligence documents, association issues, and whether a deal looks worth tracking or passing on. I’d really appreciate a few people taking a quic...

0 votes0 Replies
BRRRR strategy question
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Louisville, Kentucky
BRRRR strategy question

In the BRRRR strategy, you refinance after you've rehabbed and rented that property out. You pay back the bank and I assume you then own that property without mortgage. Is that correct ? or is it that the refinancing has to cover the down payment and you still have a mortgage.

Has any heard of Lightstone Direct and/or invested with them?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Fairfax, Virginia
Has any heard of Lightstone Direct and/or invested with them?

We have been talking to Lightstone Direct about an investment in SC and their model sounds good but just want to know if anyone has experience working with them?

Advice About Buikding/Selling RV Parks
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Advice About Buikding/Selling RV Parks

Hello all, I would love to connect with someone knowledgeable about planning, building, selling RV parks. Looking for insight/advice regarding planning site and selling before build, and/or building the site etc. let me know if you have experience and insight in this area and would like to talk. ...

Mentorship Program Recommendations
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Mentorship Program Recommendations

Hi, I am at the age where I want to really get into the game, but I am too old to do the high learning curve and learn from my mistakes. So I am considering a mentorship program but I need a good done with me program and it can be very to determine which ones are actually good without costing my ...

3 Bidding Mistakes That Quietly Kill Flip Margins (And How I Fixed Them)
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Morristown, New Jersey
3 Bidding Mistakes That Quietly Kill Flip Margins (And How I Fixed Them)

I've been flipping for a while now, and if there's one thing that's cost me the most money over the years, it's not bad renovations — it's bad bids. Here are three mistakes I used to make constantly, and what changed once I got more disciplined about it. 1. Bidding off "gut feel" instead of hold-...

0 votes0 Replies
Referral question involving individual agent and referral partner
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Referral question involving individual agent and referral partner

Hello, Need help understanding broker to broker referral fee. My sponsoring broker is out of california and ive connected with a referral partner that works with Exp, that is based in Florida. In the contract I have to agree to in order to get the referrals, it states that they will receive the r...

Tax Delinquent Doesn't Always Mean Motivated — The False Positive Everyone Runs Into
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Tax Delinquent Doesn't Always Mean Motivated — The False Positive Everyone Runs Into

A property showing up on a tax delinquent list feels like an easy win, but a good chunk of those owners aren't actually distressed. Some are on an active payment plan with the county. Some have taxes rolled into an escrow account through their mortgage servicer, and the "delinquency" is a paperwo...

Local Meet Ups
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Local Meet Ups

New to this, but ready to jump in. Are there any meet up's in the Grand Rapids / west Michigan area? I'd love to jump in, join, and meet people. let me know.

News for Newbies and You Lurkers - How to get started
Buying & Selling Real Estate
News for Newbies and You Lurkers - How to get started

I saw an interesting post asking newbies what they fear most about getting started. It was a variety of things depending on the person. The one thing most everyone said in one way or another is fear of the unknown. Here are a couple of tips: 1) Real estate isn't rocket science. (sorry you rocket ...

2 votes0 Replies
Connecting with St.Louis & KC Investors
Buying & Selling Real Estate
St. Louis, Missouri
Connecting with St.Louis & KC Investors

Hi everyone! I'm active in the St. Louis and Kansas City markets and looking to connect with local and out-of-state investors focused on cash-flow rentals. Always trying to learn from others working these Midwest markets. Would love to network and hear how others are approaching St. Louis and KC....

How do you find a good GC / contractor for out of state walkthroughs?
Buying & Selling Real Estate
How do you find a good GC / contractor for out of state walkthroughs?

I’m an out of state investor buying low priced single family homes. My biggest concern is buying a lemon. I’m not looking for perfect houses. Cosmetic repairs are fine paint, drywall, flooring, cleanup, small handyman work, etc. What I’m trying to avoid are major issues like foundation problems, ...

28, in tech, looking to buy my first deal in Texas -- advice welcome
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Houston, Texas
28, in tech, looking to buy my first deal in Texas -- advice welcome

Hey everyone, first post. I'm 28 and work in tech. I've been reading this forum for a while and I'm finally at the point where I want to buy my first investment property (or two). Looking at Texas, mostly Houston and San Antonio, though I'm open to Dallas or Austin if the numbers work. I'm going ...

Seeking advice as I’m getting closer and closer to my first rental investment!
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Seeking advice as I’m getting closer and closer to my first rental investment!

I am currently 19 going on 20 years old at the end of 2026, going with that I'm sure you can understand the feeling of being nervous stepping into this new world! I am a unicorn who has the funds for this opportunity to get started early in my Real Estate portfolio. I've heard advice as far as go...