• Investor
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
European moving to Austin, TX looking for home (130K-170K) in Austin area

Chris Frydenlund
  • Investor
  • Katy, TX
Posted Feb 22 2014, 02:33
Hey BP-members! I'm a young man from Copenhagen, Denmark in Europe. My American wife and I are planning to move to Austin with our newborn. She's from Houston, TX, but I have convinced her to move to Austin, TX. We are looking for a home (130K-170K) in a popular neighborhood, hoping the home will increase in value over the next few years, and then sell it. It'll be my first REI. I've been advised to buy a home and live in it as the smartest start on REI, which I have big interest in. My question is where in Austin area you would advice me to look for a home? We would like to have at least a 2 bed or maybe a 3 bed home, and it needs to be a newer home to make sure there won't be any trouble with the home's condition. I've looked at Round Rock, Cedar Park, Pflugerville. All areas north of Austin. As far as I understand these areas are growing communities and affordable. Am I looking in the right area or should I look somewhere else? People talk about the east side, but they also say there's bigger risk there? I hope there are some BP-members, who are willing to help me Regards, Chris (Sorry, if my English isn't too good)

Loading replies...