Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Michael Vera
Votes |
COSTAR/ CO STAR Membership COST

Michael Vera
Posted Jul 19 2023, 06:38

good morning guys, I am interested in purchasing a member with COSTAR but they are charging almost 1,000 dollars a month to use their services. I thought I get on the forum and see if anyone here has COSTAR and wants to split the cost and I can pay them monthly or if there is a better way to utilize costar and not pay 1,000 dollars a month.

I thought I asked before I signed up with them, if I have to eat the cost I will but I need to know if anybody here knows anything 

User Stats

Votes
Adam Widder
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jul 19 2023, 08:44

You're getting sold man. As a kw commercial agent, I pay 499 i Think. That's access to loopnet for marketing my property and costar. I would verify the package they're selling you. You also wont be able to split their membership by sharing login. They track by ip. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Walker
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jul 19 2023, 21:08

@Michael Vera, I just wrapped up a demo along with some of my colleagues with costar earlier this week. It hasn't been decided on whether or not my company will pull the trigger with them yet, but from what I gathered pricing will depend on what all you are looking to do as in the plan/subscription you choose. I read on another BP forum that the location also played a factor in pricing statewide vs nationwide. However, the post was from some time ago and not sure if costar's pricing still follows that. Like what @Adam Widder said check with your rep and see if there are other pricing options. Good luck, and keep us posted!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 20 2023, 05:07
Quote from @Adam Widder:

You're getting sold man. As a kw commercial agent, I pay 499 i Think. That's access to loopnet for marketing my property and costar. I would verify the package they're selling you. You also wont be able to split their membership by sharing login. They track by ip. 

Is that local or nationwide service?

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#3 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 20 2023, 07:28

You're not going to be able to share an account. They are very sharp on logging IPs and distance, etc. You'll get banned and lose your money.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Widder
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Aug 3 2023, 10:43

@Chris Seveney I have nationwide data. As far as KW side, it varies by franchise. Our franchise and a couple neighboring ones grouped together I believe. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Aug 4 2023, 15:46

@Adam Widder

I have heard costs anywhere from $500 to $2,000 a month which is a very wide spread this wondering if it’s worth it.

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 4 2023, 16:19
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Adam Widder

I have heard costs anywhere from $500 to $2,000 a month which is a very wide spread this wondering if it’s worth it.

The spread would be how many total licenses and how many markets. But yes, they can slice and dice their plans to extract maximum revenue from each customer.