Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Land & New Construction
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Justin Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Moving on First Deal SFR plus lot for new build and parcel

Justin Green
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Posted

BP community,

Seeking advise from others who have done a parcel/new build on included lot before. I am a RE broker and just received some great info on an early market listing. I will keep details general to protect privacy and numbers rough estimates. Basics are a home coming on the market in 1-2 months. Home is a basic SFR on a 10K sq/ft lot with additional 6K lot already parceled as a separate tax lot total 16,000 sq/ft land in R6 highly desirable area. I am already seeking a new build for our next personal residence in the $450K range (total build with lot/land). 2 potential ideas with the property. Buy it move into old home and build new home on 6K lot out front. Then fix/flip, and list old home on the bigger lot. Rough numbers in multi part deals end result $50-100K still owed on loan that maxed at around $600K for purchase, build, and renovate old property.

Also to note this is a highly desirable location with builder pressure on larger lot owners on the same street. Builder already has verbal offer into owner.

Option 2.

recombine both lots and tear down old home build 3 homes (5-6K lots), 1 personal I finance, 2 builder covers, I get listings back and sell lots to builder. rough estimates $250K to build 1 home, on me. 2 lots and list backs about $200-250K back.

This deal still takes $450K to acquire first I will have about $100K cash to bring in. So $350K loan needed to acquire the deal plus 1 new build at $250K.

Fix/Flip option 1 should recoupe $450-550K on sale of old home.

Option 2 total new build does not look as good so far.

How many of you have done this? Buying a larger lot SFR to parcel and or build a new construction on included lot. What advise and directions/suggestions do you have.

This is very fresh information and I am still working on more accurate numbers in this market area stuff is moving in days not weeks.

Loading replies...