• Omaha, NE
Votes |
Relocating. Where Do I Invest?

Anthony Gayden
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Aug 18 2015, 11:08

This is a topic that I really haven't seen discussed much before, and that is why I am starting this thread.

I received a phone call and a job offer for a position in Omaha, Nebraska. I am probably one of the few people who has no intention of quitting my job, and love what I do for a living. I currently own two 4 plexes, one in Phoenix, AZ and the other in Tucson, AZ. I am closing on my third 4 plex in under 2 weeks. 

I will go from being able to see my properties on a daily basis, to maybe flying out to see them a couple times a year. Fortunately I already have property management set up, so that won't be my issue.

My question is, where do I invest? Should I continue investing in Arizona, the market where I currently own all of my rentals? Should I start looking for deals in Omaha, the place where I am moving? The third option is to look for deals in Kansas City, it is my hometown and only a 2.5 hour drive from Omaha. I know this market the best of all three.

Also I have read that you can have more than one FHA loan if you are relocating, so I am strongly considering going that route.

Loading replies...