Any Experience with Automated Valuation Models?

Any Experience with Automated Valuation Models?

Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes

I am analyzing a portfolio of rentals in the southeast. Does anyone have suggestions based on experience for accuracy and costs of AVM's? Any thoughts or experience with Core Logic, Real Quest, Credit Technologies, Fiserv, LP Services, Sitex, Freddie Mac HVE, or others? I am looking for higher accurancy than Trulia or Zillow.

Thanks in advance for your input.

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    Are you just wanting a BPO opinion of the portfolio??

    That's what it sounds like. Used to they would let any agent do them but now BPO mills have stricter requirements and experience levels.

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    13y

    Hi Joel,
    I am looking for a relatively inexpensive yet more accurate automated valuation model for an initial analysis of this pool and other properties we may fund. There are many out there, and I am trying to get a higher level of accuracy than Trulia or Zilllow. Based on that first quick look I would proceed toward my purchase or funding. If we moved toward a purchase I would do at least a BPO or a blanket or individual appraisals.

    Thanks for your reply and any additional thoughts.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.