• Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
CONSTRUCTION LOANS FOR SPEC NEW CONSTRUCTION - ORANGE COUNTY CA

Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorPosted Sep 16 2014, 11:15

We are brokers/builders/developers in Orange County, CA.  I am looking for sources for spec construction financing on upcoming projects. I don't have a specific project right now that needs funded, but will in the near future.  If you lend on such projects, please send me your contact information and basic info. Term asked for is 12 months, though project usually completes sooner. 

You can see a sample of what we are doing by going to The Margrave Group , our development company does business under Parlay Investments, LLC (however; I'm in the process of rebuilding that website)

We have over 30 years experience building spec residential, multi family residential, residential subdivisions, small office parks, office buildings, medical office space, medical/dental clinics, and other commercial properties.  

We are licensed in both real estate, general and electrical construction. Our team does all preliminary site and building design and renderings, as well as construction and project management. 

User Stats

Votes
Keith Anderson
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 16 2014, 13:24

Hi Karen, 

I will send info to your email.

Keith

User Stats

Votes
Josh Bryant
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Portland, OR
Replied Sep 17 2014, 21:51

Karen,

Have you checked out SFG out of Seattle? Spoke with them awhile back about one I was working here in Portland...they seemed to have some good "spec" options.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Sep 20 2014, 23:10

@Josh Bryant Actually Jay Hinrichs also mentioned them to me, and I'd forgotten about them. I will check them out. Thanks. 

User Stats

Votes
Pavel Sakurets
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Dec 15 2014, 19:28
Originally posted by @Karen Margrave:

We are brokers/builders/developers in Orange County, CA.  I am looking for sources for spec construction financing on upcoming projects. I don't have a specific project right now that needs funded, but will in the near future.  If you lend on such projects, please send me your contact information and basic info. Term asked for is 12 months, though project usually completes sooner. 

You can see a sample of what we are doing by going to The Margrave Group , our development company does business under Parlay Investments, LLC (however; I'm in the process of rebuilding that website)

We have over 30 years experience building spec residential, multi family residential, residential subdivisions, small office parks, office buildings, medical office space, medical/dental clinics, and other commercial properties.  

We are licensed in both real estate, general and electrical construction. Our team does all preliminary site and building design and renderings, as well as construction and project management. 

If you have strong financials 7 out of 10 local community's banks will lend you money for specs at 75%LTV and 9 months term. We are in MN and get 4.5% APR, 0.5% origination loans and extend the terms after 9 months for another 9 months if we need to and pay $1000 extension fee.

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Arlt Escoto
  • Vienna, VA
Votes |
  • Vienna, VA
Replied Dec 16 2014, 05:28

@Karen Margrave I'd love to take a look at your projects and can probably help you.   check out my website below for info.  I'm messaging you privately to make sure this message doesn't get flagged an deleted by admin for self-promotion/spam.  

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Dec 16 2014, 10:26

Thanks everyone. Actually we have the financing for the project in Capo Beach. The next one will be on the two condos in San Clemente (though I think the lender on the San Clemente house will roll money over into that) 

However; I wanted to put out this post as we are always looking for new financing sources that like new construction, and have an understanding of the process. Our goal is to start getting back in to larger projects, multi family, mixed use, medical office, etc. as that's where our experience has been. There's some great projects here, but are higher dollar than what our current lenders can do, so I'm just trying to gauge interest. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Dec 16 2014, 11:10

@Karen Margrave 

I tried to send you a PM on this system but it said I could not send more than 10 messages a month. whats up with that I have the highest level of membership

any way e mail me I want to speak with you briefly if your able.

[email protected]

User Stats

Votes
Alex Bejenaru
  • Lender
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Replied Dec 17 2014, 01:44

@Karen Margrave , US Bank offers construction financing and is the only banking doing it. Send me a PM or call me anytime and we can go over some of the details. It's a very popular product for us since not too many other people offer this program. I'm located locally in Anaheim as well