Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Hancock#4 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
Free Crowdfunding For Best Of Breed Promoters On BP

Bryan Hancock#4 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Round Rock, TX
Posted

As many of you know I have been heavily involved in real estate crowdfunding for a while now and heavily involved over the course of the last year.  Any nascent industry is fraught with issues and problems and I just now feel like we have many of them solved.  There are many great people working to fill gaps in the market and we have pieced together most of them in a new website I am hoping to fully launch sometime in the next several weeks.  The site will initially be hosted at www.inner10capital.com, but we may choose to change the location and name at some point in the future if what I describe below works as intended.  

Our company has spent tens of thousands of dollars developing site infrastructure, securities documents, third party integration services, a back-end CRM with data analysis algorithms manned by a data scientist from Columbia, marketing campaigns, etc.  This is a work in progress and is not fully done and probably never will be fully done.  My hope is to get it good enough to crowdsource the development of the site and get feedback from our community about site flows, user experience, etc.  

What I have realized is that most investors will not go through the inordinate amounts of pain to design all of this and most people don't even know what to look for in a portal.  The reason I decided to build my own portal is because I couldn't find anything in the market that did what I wanted it to do and had the proper items in place to protect promoters.  

My thought is to offer to list the deals of prominent BP posters FOR FREE to help get the site launched and give back to our community.  Investors will get access to quality deals and our best of breed promoters will get access to investors.  My personal list of hundreds of investors will be available to anyone that we select to list deals for.  

Here is what I am hoping to get feedback on from folks in the community:

1.  If you could pick any posters on BP whose deals would you want to invest in?  @Will Barnard @J Scott @Brian Burke all immediately come to mind.  Who else can you think of that may be interested?  BTW...If someone can @J please do so....it isn't working for me

2.  What do you look for from existing funding portals that we can offer that helps you as an investor?

Here is what I think we can offer that is superior to what is out there:

-Compliance - Our compliance will be second to none.  506(c) accreditation will be done with attorney letters for all investors so promoters are assured that investors truly are accredited.  One of our founders is writing the software for our vendor for this service that will be embedded in our site

-Regulation S Mindful - In other words we are expecting to have international investors through our portal.  OFAC compliance will be baked in at some point too and we'll work international countries in the priority order we receive investor interest from.  China is high on the list to go after first

-Built By Developers/Investors - We live, eat, and breathe this stuff every day and know what developers need out of a site and how they should communicate with their investors

-Educational Components - We'll be integrating our site with our Wealth Investment Network (WIN) to educate investors on topics related to crowdfunding, money raising, deal vetting, etc.  

-Relationships - We have close relationships with quality developers and promoters in Texas and throughout the country.  Finding the best promoters means getting access to the best projects with the most experienced team to execute on them

Any constructive feedback is certainly welcome.  What say you BP?  How can we make it better? 

Loading replies...