General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Joe Jones
Votes |
STR Rental Arbitrage Greater Houston

Joe Jones
Posted Mar 18 2024, 20:23

I'm looking into the possibility of doing some STR rental arbitrage in the greater Houston area. Presently, our STR's are out-of-state with properties we own--just looking to do something closer to home but not wanting to buy in the current market.

Any property owners out there with small properties willing to consider arbitrage? Heights, Medical District, Museum District, etc.? I'm honestly not too picky in terms of area provided it cash flows. Would even consider suburbs (Katy, Woodlands, etc.)

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Mar 25 2024, 21:12

We have quite a few properties where we allow people to STR them. I don't want to post our URL as I don't want to come off as advertising, but I can message you. Almost all our stuff is in montrose, museum, med center, etc. Mostly 1-2 bed apartments but some homes.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 27 2024, 18:54

I own a townhome in Houston. I've been approached by 2 ppl the past 4 months about using my property for arbitrage. Wasn't interested but now open to hearing more details. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Mar 27 2024, 23:14
Quote from @Unakem Kazeem:

I own a townhome in Houston. I've been approached by 2 ppl the past 4 months about using my property for arbitrage. Wasn't interested but now open to hearing more details. 

I get emails from people all the time from sites like zillow, apartments.com, etc saying "Do you allow commercial leases" (which is code for "can I STR arbitrage?"). Our team has a canned response that basically says "Yes, at some properties. here is a link..." etc. I'd say 99 times out of 100 we never hear back (which begs the question of why are they bothering to reach out if they don't follow up with the yes replies).

If I were you, don't seek them out.  Almost always it'll be a waste of time.  If you do get contacted by someone who is serious (with experience) then just request a large deposit to protect yourself. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 28 2024, 21:44

Thanks for this insight/feedback!