Property management on the go?!

Property management on the go?!

Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 73 posts · 48 votes

Hi guys,

Im wondering if anybody knows of solid property management software that has either a blackberry companion app to input data, or some other way to record info on the go...

Theres GOTTA be an easier way to keep track of properties on the run!

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2011 · 84 posts · 45 votes
14y

It works on my crapberry, so I'm sure it would work on an iPhone through the website.

Here's a couple screenshots they provided of the planned release of the iPhone app-

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AZtoVI_QkvU3ZGpyMzhwel85MmR2cnQ2ZmMy

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Elmira, NY · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    Jake,

    How about more details. How many properties? Commercial or Residential or combo? Keep track of what financials? Tasks? Projects? Customers?

    Thanks
    Dan Schemerhorn

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 73 posts · 48 votes
    14y

    I currently need 15 properties at least with the capability of over 100. All residential. I have all my tasks kept separately so just rent received/owed, maintenance, etc. The basics.

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2011 · 84 posts · 45 votes
    14y

    I've been using Buildium to manage my personal residential properties. The only reason why I chose to use this vs the competitors (Propertyware, etc.) was cost. However, I've been pretty satisfied with it so far. They don't have a Blackberry app (not too sure who would really invest in creating one nowadays), but they have an iPhone app in progress according their their feature request forum.

    It has an integrated general ledger among other things (balance sheet, income statement, etc.) , can track/assign tasks/work orders, allow tenants pay rent, you can pay vendors and property owners, etc.

    So far I've been happy with it, but I'm still learning the ins/outs to utilize the full potential.

    If there's anything in particular you have a question about I would be more than happy to check to see if it's capable or get screen shots for you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Elmira, NY · Member since 2011 · 51 posts · 5 votes
    14y

    I use Quickbooks with a Real Estate template from another company. From a financial stand point it is AWESOME. Allows me to even manage other investor properties and charge management fees.

    I know Quickbooks has an online version so if you have internet on your phone that would be possible.

    Thanks

    Dan

  • Residential Landlord · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 592 posts · 138 votes
    14y

    Anthony-

    Does Buildium work on your iPhone now through the website?

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2011 · 84 posts · 45 votes
    14y

    It works on my crapberry, so I'm sure it would work on an iPhone through the website.

    Here's a couple screenshots they provided of the planned release of the iPhone app-

    https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AZtoVI_QkvU3ZGpyMzhwel85MmR2cnQ2ZmMy

  • Residential Landlord · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 592 posts · 138 votes
    14y

    Thanks Anthony. I have been considering Buildium, but have one issue with the way I can configure assessing late fees so I have been waiting.

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2011 · 84 posts · 45 votes
    14y

    What issue are you running into? I can give it a try on my account, unless if you know already that Buildium can't accommodate your late fee structure.

  • Residential Landlord · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 592 posts · 138 votes
    14y

    When I had the trial a couple months ago, it would not allow me to assess a late fee if the due date was not the same date each month. In my case it was a tenant who pays bi-weekly. They allow me to set up the rent being due bi-weekly, but the late fee assessment structure was set up differently and didn't support that. I had chatted with Buildium support and I also added it as a suggested feature through the platform they have for that. I want to use Buildium as an accounts receivable ledger and payment collection service, which it is set up great for except for this flaw.

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2011 · 84 posts · 45 votes
    14y

    Do you charge a one time fee after the grace period passes and then a daily flat fee after that when rent is due bi-weekly?

    I tried to include a snapshot of all the late fee rules but for some reason I'm not able to upload any photo's to my BP gallery.

  • Investor · Nazareth, PA · Member since 2009 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    I use Buildium and have been very pleased. It can be used efficiently on the iPad, iPhone, etc.. They are also very quick to accommodate new feature request.

  • Residential Landlord · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 592 posts · 138 votes
    14y

    I charge a late fee the day after rent was due, then daily fees after that. Most my tenants pay monthly, and the Buildium late fee platform worked well for that, but doesn't work with the bi-weekly payment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.