Chicago Meetup for Nov/Dec

Chicago Meetup for Nov/Dec

This event is brought to you by:Second City Real Estate

When:

Where:TBD

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes

@George Foster and I were discussing the end of the year meetup for Chicago investors and wanted to try something different.  We were thinking of doing deal presentations in the beginning and then networking after.  Our thoughts were to have about people present a deal they are working on that the group can help them with.  It could be a large deal where you need to raise capital, it could be a flip project where you are looking for a partner, ect

The idea would be you get about 5 minutes to present and would have handouts explaining the details and we could all talk about it for a few minutes then move on to the next one.  

I think we have a great group that meets every month but we also want to foster deal making and helping each other out.  Thoughts?

Since we are combining Nov/Dec I was thinking of doing the meetup Dec 2.  Any objections?

0Reply
67 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor & Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
11y

Sounds like a great idea. Shark Tank, REI Edition!

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor & Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    Sounds like a great idea. Shark Tank, REI Edition!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 720 posts · 439 votes
    11y

    I did not realize there is a group that meet monthly. I would love to go!

    I am looking for land in West Town, North Side and multifamily buildings with cap of 8% or higher. 

    Thanks,

  • Homeowner · Chicago Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Sounds like a good idea. Oh and Dec 2nd would work fine.

  • Mount Prospect, IL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Great idea.  I will be there.

    Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2014 · 304 posts · 222 votes
    11y

    I would to attend this meeting as a first timer and Dec 2nd would work.

    Please post time and place when able.

    Warm regards,

    Ashley

  • Frankfort, IL · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    I am looking forward to it. Keep me informed of all mtgs in the chicago area. Thanks Don

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Yes @Derek Martin it will be like Shark Tank Chicago Investors edition!

    Sounds like there is sufficient interest, let me book the venue and I will send out the details.

    PM me your email address if you do not get the monthly meetup emails and I will add you to the list

    I know for sure the meetup will not be on our regular day (third Tuesday of the month) as the RE Summit in San Francisco that @J. Martin is hosting is the weekend before and a bunch of us will be there and will be still recovering :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2014 · 304 posts · 222 votes
    11y

    Hi Brie,

    Please add me to monthly meetup email list in Chicago.

    Best,

    Ashley

    [email protected]

  • Addison, IL · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hello I am a Real Estate Professional,just recently licensed as a Broker. It would be a pleasure to meet you and other investors. Is it possible that I may attend one or a few meetups? 

  • Investor · Fairview Heights, IL · Member since 2008 · 189 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    Can u provide name of club and where it is located? Please state date and time of meeting.

    Or u can email me at jamesenright111@hotmail w/ subject "REI Club".

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Please add Pontifex Global Real Estate to the meetup.  Our address is [email protected].  

    Thanks

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hi Brie, 

    I would love to get connected with your meetup. Please add me to the mailing list

    - [email protected]

    Thanks!

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    11y

    @Brie Schmidt  I got an email from Zach asking if I was going to the November meeting tomorrow, and I see somebody asked on one of the old meetup threads here if the meetup was happening tomorrow (November 18th).  You may want to check that thread and respond about the combined Nov/Dec meeting.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Brie,

    Please add me to your list.

    Thanks!

    [email protected]

  • Investor · Mount Prospect, IL · Member since 2011 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Hi Brie,

    Please add me to monthly meetup email list in Chicago. [email protected]

    Thanks,

    Kyle

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    There is no meetup tonight and it is on my list to schedule it today.  Once it is confirmed I will post and send out an email to those on the list.  

    We hold them near Chicago in Norwood park, right off the blue line FYI

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y
  • Real Estate Consultant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 720 posts · 439 votes
    11y

    @Brie Schmidt, Thank you much!

  • Homeowner · Chicago Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thanks Brie.

  • Frankfort, IL · Member since 2014 · 153 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    Thanks Ms. Schmidt. Have a nice day. Don

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.