Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Tamra Hamblin
  • Ogden, UT
Votes |
  • Ogden, UT
Replied Jun 1 2017, 12:52

We bought into the program and were signed up to meet with a coach but couldn't get our schedules to work after the initial phone call and he became rude and immature so we cancelled with him but kept the videos for $495.

As I went through the videos I was disgusted to discover that the videos were teaching techniques that were years old and not only not good, but could actually cause problems!. I know it's easy for information to get outdated but video after video was that way! I asked for our money back and, to my surprise, they gave a full refund. 

Waste of time and waste of money.

We have joined a different program that I love. The information is updated as needed (laws and marketing tactics change frequently!), there are live events included in the education fee and experts we can go to for guidance or help, and we have free access to the education updates for life. This is so much better than any other program I saw!

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Boyang Lee
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jun 29 2017, 12:06

Alright, so far I bought into the Mentoring program for $7000 literally everything I saved for the past year.. I think the videos are great, almost finished with module 4. Will be back in the next few days to see how the mentoring goes. Starting off really slow after the purchase, I was talking to the mentor a few days a week and now there is nothing. It is making me very scared if I made the right choice. I was also told I would be talking to Cody himself, I know that seems far fetched, but I guess I was hopeful.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Queen Keoka
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
  • New Orleans, LA
Replied Jul 1 2017, 23:40

@Bryant Boyang Lee When did you join the mentor program? Have you restored communication with your mentor again?? I'm very interested in knowing how this is working out for you. Please keep us posted with as much detail as possible...

User Stats

Votes
Queen Keoka
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
  • New Orleans, LA
Replied Jul 2 2017, 00:08

@Alysa Kowalsky I sent you a note.

User Stats

Votes
Steve McDougal
  • Wholesaler
  • Alcoa, TN
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Alcoa, TN
Replied Jul 9 2017, 11:07

I am getting emails with You (Cody) and Preston. You guys are great talkers. I've chose not to pay too much for educating personally. I've read books. Watched free video's from many of you guru's. I've rehabbed about 10 houses the last 2 years and will do abut 10 this year. I'm not that smart and I'll make top 2% kind of money without buying in to these up sell programs. I'm lucky I had enough for a couple houses already to get me rolling. Even with money it isn't easy to get deals. If I were in your shoes and super successful real estate investors, I would train people for almost nothing. I would take a piece of there deals for a period of time. Walk them through the deals. Build a team of wholesalers in many cities getting a cut. I would have been open to that if it had been out there. I don't mind paying like a bunch of folks. They want the real deal. It's hard to tell who the real deal is when at every corner someone is asking for a bunch of money. I know there may be pitfalls doing it the way I'm saying. I know people need skin in the game to light a fire. Just not the amounts some of these courses are asking. I hear a bunch of you guru's saying you don't make a living with the education that you make it investing. I find it hard to believe you guys aren't makin a killing. Which you have the right to do. Just don't act like your out for the betterment of mankind. You guys are hungry wolves looking to feed. Maybe I'm wrong and the mirror doesn't challenge your motives because they are pure?? I hope so.  Only you and God truly know. Somebody restore my faith in MAN!! If your out there?

User Stats

Votes
Emanuel Spence
  • New york, NY
Votes |
  • New york, NY
Replied Aug 10 2017, 17:39

@Cody Sperber I'm hearing way more good than bad reviews, might have to check out your material sir

User Stats

Votes
Catherine Coy
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Replied Sep 28 2017, 11:34

Here's a resource for buying previously owned/gently used guru stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/successguys/m.html?_nkw=&...

User Stats

Votes
David Oldenburg
  • Lender
  • Granite Bay, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Granite Bay, CA
Replied Jan 7 2018, 08:31

I know I'm coming in late on this post, and there have already been some great answers.  I run an 1,100 member real estate investing group, and have met hundreds of people from bigger pockets and other locations.  Many of these people have spent thousands, sometimes $5,000 to even $50,000 on courses, mentoring, coaching, etc...  I have yet to meet anyone who has spent large amounts of money, who is also out there doing the business successfully.  As a matter of fact, most of them tell me they have never made a dime after the courses, mentoring, and coaching.  

You don't need to pay someone to teach you any of this.  Read here on BP's, ask questions to people who are already doing it, and network on and offline with people who can mentor and/or help you.  I helped a wholesaler a year ago who was struggling, and I did it for free. He made close to $200K his first year.  This is not difficult.  Wholesaling is exceptionally easy to do, and after you have done it once you will understand the concept.  Flipping is more advanced, but flipping is not that difficult.  The hard part with flipping, wholesaling, and wholetailing, is finding the properties and finding the money.  You can solve both of these problems and meet everyone you need to meet for free right here on BP's and by going to real estate investor meetings.  

I am not a fan of "Gurus" and there are a lot of people out there who want to take your money, when there is nothing they will teach you that you can't learn for free.  If someone offers to mentor you or coach you for a fee, ask them for the name and phone number of the last 10 people they have mentored or coached.  Ask them how many deals they closed over the last year, and ask for proof.  I have met a number of "gurus" who have only flipped a few homes, or have never flipped, and they are just selling courses and training.  If they won't give you names and numbers of 10 of their past clients, they don't have 10 satisfied clients!  If they won't give you proof of their deals and success, they probably have not had much.  

Account Closed
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jan 12 2018, 20:39

Man if you even have a hint of shade about you, you gonna be found out on the BP blog! If I was gonna blow money on anyone's program it'd be Phil's FM. He's a true teacher and you can hear his heart. There's nothing scam-like in what he does, and there's nothing cheesy/salesman like either. Some on these other cats look and sound like absolute jokers. Hopefully they're not...but their slick salesman branding/image isn't helping them. At all. I ain't paying them so I'll never know.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Heinen
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Feb 8 2018, 13:14

@Account ClosedWhat program is Phil's FM? 

Account Closed
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Feb 9 2018, 10:47

@Larry Heinen Freedom Mentor is what it's called. But I've changed my opinion a bit on that as well. 6k dollars plus 50% on every deal you do up to your first 500k. You can learn this on your own and find a real mentor (like...one you can actually meet and talk to in person) in your own market and go at it just as aggresively as these gurus. These programs are meticulously designed to sell sell sell. 

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Apr 18 2018, 18:37

Hi guys!

I recently bought the Cody Sperber's fast track 2.0 program.  I must say its been a pleasure working with them.  I have a guy who calls me every week and talks to me, gives advice and I feel genuinely wants to see me succeed. I am excited to have purchased the program and can see the value of their information.  The base cost was $297.  I purchased their M5 marketing system as well for $296.  I feel confident that the "system" they sell is worth every penny.  I will keep this thread updated as time goes on.  If you have questions about it, feel free to contact me.

-Nick

User Stats

Votes
Tracy D. Garrett-Numa
  • Developer
  • Bowie, MD
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Bowie, MD
Replied Jun 26 2018, 19:11

Teaeli Anderson

Any updates from you or any of the folks who took the training by Cody Sperber.  I just heard of the training and did a search on BP and found the discussions.

I have not check it out, only heard a commercial on fb, i think .. but I have paid money for others that did not come through on the promise.  So I would like to hear from some honest answers from some folks who have purchased the course and have learned and made money from it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.    Tracy

User Stats

Votes
Todd Murphy
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Sep 8 2018, 12:47

Clevor Investor Fast Track was the first resource I found in my journey.  The $297 is a drop in the bucket and the resources were good.  I will not put money into a mentor such as that, but have used that information well.

I have BP shortly after and use their Pro services more and feel it has tremendous value on an almost daily basis. I will continue my use of BP and only use Clevor Investor sparingly for review.

Clevor Investor Fast Track material is solid for the money and really helped me understand REI business set-up, structure and action points. I would buy the $297 deal again if I was doing it again from scratch.

Information is great, but if you don't know how to apply it properly then it doesn't matter how golden that information is!