BiggerPockets

Peter Conti and Jerry Norton's $10,000 FINDER'S FEES!

Forum Powered By:

12 posts by 9 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Lokesh W.

Real Estate Investor from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Jul 31 '12, 01:12 PM

Hi,

My realtor wanted to enroll into this program of Peter Conti and Jerry Norton where they would offer a $10,000 finder's fee for finding properties for rehab. While I had posted a question about their Residential Backflip program and did not get a good feedback, I wanted to post this for my realtor, who is curious about the program.

In this finrder's fee program, we have to buy some prodcuts from them for $1000, which will list some criteria about the properties and pay $7 a month to stay in the program. Once we find a property, they will rehab and resell it. We get a finder's fee equivalent to realtor's commissions.

Anyone tried this system (or someone you know tried this program)?? PLease provide feedback...

Thanks

James Gefke

Jul 31 '12, 01:59 PM
5 votes

Hi Lokesh,

I really can't comment on that program specifically but don't really understand why one should have to pay someone else money to find them deals. Seems kind of backwards to me.

Most likely their program will give some formula on how to evaluate properties and they can simply reject deals you bring them if they don't like them. You can find out plenty of similar info on this forum for free.

I am an investor in Milwaukee and I will gladly pay you a finder's fee of $10,000 if you negotiate a good enough deal that leaves enough spread for that to occur.

As an added bonus I won't even charge you a $1000 up front and a monthly fee for you to bring deals to me:)

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk sometime.

Good luck!

jgefke

Lokesh W.

Aug 01 '12, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by James Gefke:
Hi Lokesh,

I really can't comment on that program specifically but don't really understand why one should have to pay someone else money to find them deals. Seems kind of backwards to me.

Most likely their program will give some formula on how to evaluate properties and they can simply reject deals you bring them if they don't like them. You can find out plenty of similar info on this forum for free.

I am an investor in Milwaukee and I will gladly pay you a finder's fee of $10,000 if you negotiate a good enough deal that leaves enough spread for that to occur.

I agree with you. I promised my realtor that I would ask other investors' opinion hence I asked in BP :)

I work in Madison as a computer consultant so the RE work I do is in Madison. We can find properties in Madison. I will PM you...

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Aug 01 '12, 11:53 AM

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot poll. Anyone that requires payment to find deals is a red flag. You shouldn't have to pay someone to be a bird dog even if it's training. If they're really desperate for properties they would have told you their criteria and leave it at that. You don't need training to become a bird dog.

It's all guru bullsh!t plain and simple.

Edited Aug 1 2012, 12:16 by Moderator

Clay Huber

Real Estate Investor from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Aug 01 '12, 12:39 PM

I agree with everyone above. Heck, I'll pay you a $50,000 finder's fee; however, that of course assumes the #'s all work out to the point where my end profit is where I want it to be.

Linda Rothenberger

Real Estate Investor from Las Vegas, Los Angeles

Mar 08 '13, 01:17 AM

It's come around again now - March 2013 --- so thanks everyone for your comments. Appreciate it.

Tracy Coats

Scottsdale, AZ

Mar 08 '13, 01:11 PM

My business partner and I bought into this program...they make it sound so easy...it is not! It was easy getting commercial property owners to agree to meet with us. This was definitely an option that hadn't been presented to them before. Most were skeptical, but listened and liked what they heard. What wasn't easy was getting them to dish out money to hire an Attorney to do a commercial work-out with no guarantees...especially they were looking at 10K for just the retainer. We met with commercial property owner after commercial property owner for 6 months and decided to focus our efforts on other areas. I have the full course if anyone wants more info.

Cheers,
Tracy

Linda Rothenberger

Real Estate Investor from Las Vegas, Los Angeles

Mar 11 '13, 06:18 PM

@Wayne Woodson --- you got me laughing with your note. Thanks.
.............Linda

@Tracy Coats -- thank you for giving all of us your input. It is appreciated, and it seems that you and your partner really gave it a try. Appreciate the info. Good luck with your current endeavors.
............Linda

Lokesh W.

Mar 12 '13, 08:43 AM

I have unsubscribed from Peter Conti’s email list. I had joined his list because I was impressed by his books on Pre-foreclosure investment and also commercial real estate. But all his emails offers and trainings seem to be too good to be true.

Gabe Cole

Rehabber from Newport Beach, California

Mar 13 '13, 07:46 PM

Just got their 10k finder fee letter today. I was curious on what their angle was so I watched their short webinar. I was totally turned off when they started in on the "we can only work with a select number of people" BS so they wanted $1000 so they only get serious people. Then they call it a deposit that you get back when you find them your first deal. It is crazy to me that people would pay to sign up to bird dog properties for anyone.

This post has been removed.

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums