Denver/Boulder wholesaling - just getting started!

Denver/Boulder wholesaling - just getting started!

Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2011 · 14 posts · 4 votes

Hi everyone!

I'm really excited about this site and the opportunity to network with investors in the Boulder/Denver area. I've been to the most recent IRR wholesaling seminar, and I'm hoping to attend some of the Boulder BCREI meetings.

I've just received about 500 postcards in the mail that I ordered (basic wholesaling "we buy houses for cash" postcards), and I was wondering if anyone has any other marketing suggestions for finding wholesale properties in this area. I'm thinking about sending these to pre-foreclosures or about picking a low-income area and sending them out there. Any ideas would be super helpful - thank you!

Laura

0Reply
28 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    14y

    There are plenty of mobile home parks in the area. Read Lonnie Scruggs book called "Deals on Wheels" to learn the wholesaling of used mobile homes. With the proceeds you can later move on to SFRs (if you really want to at that time) or stay with mobile homes and work up to mobile home park ownership.

    When I was young the area outside of Denver/Boulder was all wheat fields with some oil pumps going. When I visited there, the wheat fields are gone, lakes have been filled in and now office buildings, shopping centers, apartments and single family homes are where the wheat fields were.

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2011 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    14y

    Hi Dale!

    Thanks for the suggestion - I'll be sure to check that out!

    I recently moved to Colorado from Michigan and have been amazed at how everything has built up around here and continues to do so! It's a pretty interesting market to be in and I'm hoping to learn more about it.

    I'll check out the book and keep you posted - I'm excited to learn more!

  • location independent · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi Laura, If you listen to episode 42 of the Bigger Pockets Podcast with Mike Nelson (Link attached below), Mike discusses many other strategies for wholesaling beyond direct mail postcards. It is very informative and inspiring. There are many more episodes on wholesaling, but I found this one to be particularly helpful!

    Cheers,

    Nik

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/2013-10-31-wholesaling-podcast-mike-nelson

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.