• Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Votes |
Minneapolis

Atchut Neelam
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Posted Jul 26 2014, 17:47
Hi All Can you please suggest a good property management company in Minneapolis? Thanks Atchut

User Stats

Votes
Bret Lorenson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lakeville, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lakeville, MN
Replied Jul 28 2014, 08:55

Hello Atchut, I use Joseph B. for 4 of my SFR rentals. He runs a small property management company called Homestead Plus. (763) 221-0702. They also have a website. Check it out on google. Depends on what you are looking for and what type of properties you have.

User Stats

Votes
Atchut Neelam
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Minneapolis , MN
Replied Jul 28 2014, 15:01

Hi Bret

Thanks for the message. I am looking for maintaining SFR.

Thanks

Atchut

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Skjolsvik
  • Andover, MN
Votes |
  • Andover, MN
Replied Jul 29 2014, 08:31

Atchut,

I have two rental townhomes that I use 33rd Company for.  They are a medium sized company and I've had a good experience with them.  I should note that I started using them when my wife and I first became "accidental landlords" and didn't want to be involved with tenants, repairs etc.  I am currently getting more into investing (flipping specifically) and if I decide to add more rentals I will definitely reevaluate.

Thanks,

Chris

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Curtis
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Aug 29 2014, 18:52

This post is aged but I would highly recommend Brian Weedman (www.BrianWeedman.com)

I used to partner with Brian and he is honestly the best sfr manager I have ever worked with. This isn't only his day job- he manages his own portfolio of sfr around Calhoun and Lake Harriet including a converted mansion in Uptown off Pillsbury.

He is low pressure too- so no fear of commitment.

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Riggs
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Minnetonka, MN
Votes |
  • Minnetonka, MN
Replied Jul 29 2019, 20:56

I HIGHLY recommend James with https://twincitiesleasing.com/, James has been in the business for years, has the best customer service I have experienced thus far with property managers, and most importantly he gets results and has made owning properties MUCH less stressful than before. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 4 2019, 20:30

I own TheSteppingStoneGroup.com we manage many properties in the Minneapolis area as well as our own. We manage with an owners mindset. If your looking please reach out.  

User Stats

Votes
Amber Gonion
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Hugo, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Hugo, MN
Replied Dec 5 2019, 05:50

@Atchut Neelam we run a real estate and management brokerage. I have years of experience as regional manger for many of the largest companies in the state. My husband leads maintenance with 100s of rehabs under his belt, and our lead maintenance tech is a former home inspector with knowledge in all areas. Let me know if you are interested in meeting to discuss.

Gonion Group Multifamily Realtors Logo

User Stats

Votes
Todd Dexheimer#2 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • St. Paul, MN
Votes |
Todd Dexheimer#2 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • St. Paul, MN
Replied Dec 9 2019, 06:22

Ryan Schroder with VSM 

Scott Ficek with Rental Management Guys

User Stats

Votes
Jadde Rowe
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minnesota
Replied Dec 9 2019, 19:14

Northwoods Servicing with Matt Brawner.

Account Closed
  • MN (minnesota)
Votes |
  • MN (minnesota)
Replied Jan 18 2020, 05:24

Looking for a mentor in the Minneapolis/stpaul area

User Stats

Votes
Adam Tafel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Paul, MN
Replied Mar 13 2020, 06:51

The problem with property management is that everyone thinks they can do it... Collect the rent, call a plumber, show apartments, how hard can it be? Like many areas of RE, the property management field is saturated with companies. Here's what I'd consider:

1. How do they handle maintenance and repairs? Do they have their own full-time handyman, available 24/7, or simply make a phone call that you could have easily done? Are these calls included in your fee, or will you be nickled and dimed for each instance? Do they have an electronic scheduling system, or a secretary answering a phone during normal office hours? How quickly are they able to turn a unit for a new tenant? Is the work being done licensed/insured?

2. How do they screen tenants and market properties? Are they using multiple platforms with quality pictures and marketing materials, or using a simple craigslist post? While the craigslist post will surely generate enough response to rent the place, you want the biggest pool of possible renters possible, in order to find the best tenant. Do they charge a leasing fee in additional to their management fee? What systems do they have in place to screen criminal/credit histories?

3. How do they manage routine maintenance? How often are they inspecting units and mechanicals within their buildings? Is lawn care/snow removal included in their fee- if not, do they charge by the job or the month? Are specialized mechanicals (high capacity boiler systems) being inspected by someone who is licensed?

4. How do they handle your money? Who handles the money, and how transparent is the process? What legal experience/resources do they have? Do they keep detailed and accurate accounting records? How will they make your life easier come tax season? Are they keeping copies of all invoices throughout the year in case of an audit? 

Lastly, try not to focus too much on the fee. While they range anywhere from 5-12%, lower fees tend to mean more unexpected costs. Start with referrals from trusted sources, always ask for references. Good luck in your search!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Nelson
  • Albert Lea, MN
Votes |
  • Albert Lea, MN
Replied Mar 13 2020, 07:26

@Adam Tafel Great post!  That is really helpful information in reviewing the options.  My biggest issue with handing over the reins to a property manager is not micro-managing them. My concern is making sure my properties are going to be well taken care of and I'm certain a quality PM can do just that, however, its a mental block for me. 

User Stats

Votes
Adam Tafel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Paul, MN
Replied Mar 24 2020, 10:12

@Kyle Nelson - I'm the same way, resisting the urge to micro-manage is tough. If you invest locally you might as well self-manage if you have under 10 doors or so, you can still use leasing agents/handymen/software to make things easier. 

User Stats

Votes
Ian Cameron
  • Rochester, MN
Votes |
  • Rochester, MN
Replied Apr 26 2023, 12:58

We're a full-service property management company in the Twin Cities. Happy to have a convo to discuss further.

User Stats

Votes
James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Votes |
James Hamling#3 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Twin Cities, MN
Replied Apr 26 2023, 13:57
Quote from @Ian Cameron:

We're a full-service property management company in the Twin Cities. Happy to have a convo to discuss further.

Your aware this thread is from 9 years ago, right.......