Anybody here doing deals in Detroit? What does everyone think of the opportunities there? Are there opportunities?
I would like to look at targeting this city and zoning in on some good properties. For those that invest, live, or have interest in Detroit, I have a few questions for deal analysis and advice.
1) What are the target residential areas in Detroit? Including neighborhoods, areas, etc.? Where are the renters, what areas cash flow best?
2) What are the target commercial areas?
3) What is the future of Detroit? What do you see happening to the now empty city?? When and Will it ever come back?
4) What property management companies are located in Detroit? Who would you recommend?
5) How is it rehabbing in the city right now? Are there contractors still in the area and are they reliable, etc.?
6) How is the city to work with? What do they demand for home owners, landlords, etc.? Any licensing, fees, taxes to look out for?
I think we should pick a city every month or so and focus our efforts on where the deals are at, and what makes sense in the area. As we all know, there are deals in every market, we just have to track them down.
Also, I am personally looking for contacts in the Detroit market. If you are interested in this network and putting some deals together please pm me.