• Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
Philadelphia Big on Bicycling

Larry Fried
  • Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Posted May 12 2015, 15:20

This article & video tells the story of why Philadelphia has the highest bicycle commuter rate of any city in US of 1million+

http://www.treehugger.com/bikes/enigma-philadelphia-bike-success-story-despite-having-little-infrastructure-video.html

User Stats

Votes
John Matthews
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied May 12 2015, 18:57

@Larry Fried

Having biked to work today for the first time of the summer, I can say that's definitely true. Though for me, my bike path, the Schuylkill River Trail, is pretty solid. 23 miles to my parking lot at work, and maybe 5 miles of it is shared with cars...the rest is along the scenic (for philadelphia) Schuylkill River. Added bonus: it's about just as fast (or slow, depending on how you look at it) as driving in to work. 

User Stats

Votes
Larry Fried
  • Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
  • Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Replied May 12 2015, 21:34

@John Matthews

That's a nice workout commute, 46 miles round trip, and nice that is by the river.  It's funny I didn't notice many bikes when I was in Philadelphia last month, even though it was over 80 Degrees a couple of the days.  Its good to learn that it is such a bike happy city.  I live in one too, but we are much smaller.  Great bike trails along the Willamette River and Amazon creek with wet praire and marshlands along the latter.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes