Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
San Diego Wholesale and Rehabbing Deals??

Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Posted Jul 28 2015, 09:37

I have been wholesaling RE for over two years and have found the market has slowed way down or my marketing is no longer effective. I can close the deal if I get the leads...leads are sparse at best.

What are my peers doing in highly competitive markets like San Diego?? I NEED LEADS!! :)

User Stats

Votes
Steve Baldwin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 28 2015, 09:56

What type of marketing has generally worked for you in the past? I feel a lot of people are doing the exact same tactics, aka yellow letters, so it's a matter of timing.

Are you taking any other angles?

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Replied Jul 28 2015, 18:41

Adwords, Yellow notes, Postcards, etc. I agree a lot of people are doing the same thing. That's the issue. Probably not a topic investors want to openly discuss as once they share their success it gets flooded into the investor community.

Not giving up but is there is a successful investor out there who is not in San Diego and wants to share their success your secret will be mine! I have no desire to ruin a good thing!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
James Trautz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jul 28 2015, 19:15

Have you considered other Strategies (i.e., Rent to Own, Lease Facilitation, etc.)? I've found that there's always more than one way to skin a cat... In other words, rather than looking at Wholesaling as your primary means of business, perhaps you could JV with someone close by to work on another strategy (using Wholesaling as an exit strategy instead).

... just trying to think outside the box a bit.  

User Stats

Votes
Tim FitzGerald
  • Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jul 28 2015, 19:17

Yeah Mr/Ms successful investor, nobody's looking tell Kevin your best secret way of finding deals.

User Stats

Votes
James Trautz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jul 28 2015, 19:20

Also, not how far you're willing to travel, but one of my associates, @PeggyLiu is doing the same thing in the LA area... she encountered the same issue, but just recently closed a large deal. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Replied Jul 29 2015, 06:12

We are looking at other investment options and are pursuing slowly. I am also getting my RE license after 20 years of being around the business I'll be in the business.

Am still interested in working with other successful investors whether in CA, AZ, NV Southwest US areas.  

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Replied Jul 29 2015, 07:06
Originally posted by @Tim FitzGerald:

Yeah Mr/Ms successful investor, nobody's looking tell Kevin your best secret way of finding deals.

So maybe it seems like a REDICULOUS topic; however, it is worthy of discussion to see if the possibility exist! We spend 10's of thousands of $ on the Gurus. Why not scale it back to a very small group of successful investors vs the entire community.

User Stats

Votes
Tim FitzGerald
  • Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jul 29 2015, 07:38

Yeah Kevin. 

Not a rediculous topic at all. I am in fact most interested. Just trying to inject a bit of humor. While at the same time expecting some sensei deal finder might actually enlighten you individually by way of a PM. I'm hopeful any tidbit may be pasted on this medium. I guess it's called trolling for advantage. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Replied Jul 29 2015, 09:40

Yeah Kevin. 

Not a rediculous topic at all. I am in fact most interested. Just trying to inject a bit of humor. While at the same time expecting some sensei deal finder might actually enlighten you individually by way of a PM. I'm hopeful any tidbit may be pasted on this medium. I guess it's called trolling for advantage. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Fickert
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Greater San diego, CA
Replied Jul 29 2015, 09:43

Yeah Kevin. 

Yep. As hard as we work we do need to find the high quality team members who can contribute mutually to our cause! :)