Votes
Pamela Holmes
  • Duluth, GA
Votes |
Alabama Tax Deed Property

Pamela Holmes
  • Duluth, GA
Posted Mar 2 2016, 18:32

I've been purchasing Alabama Tax deed properties for several months and I am running out of resources. I continue to receive these price quotes from the State of Alabama for approximately $5k - $7k. Good rental property that may require some cosmetics but a good buy and hold property for $5k - $7k. Can I transfer the price quotes to someone else? If so, what is the process.

User Stats

Votes
Patricia Mangham
  • Investor
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied May 24 2020, 09:49

@Richard Palmer , I own a contracting company were you looking to get some work done or a quote on something?

User Stats

Votes
Richard Palmer
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied May 24 2020, 15:37

@Patricia Mangham.  I wanted a quote but I went with another contractor. Please forward your info, though, in case I require assistance in the future. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Shirea Carroll
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Replied May 24 2020, 18:53

@Richard Palmer are you investing in Birmingham or all over Alabama?

User Stats

Votes
Darryl Patterson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • AL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • AL
Replied May 24 2020, 21:43

@Shirea Carroll i would love to network with your contractor also if you don’t mind

User Stats

Votes
Richard Palmer
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied May 24 2020, 21:46

@ Shirea Carroll Currently, only in the Birmingham metro area but I would like to venture into the North Alabama market. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 30 2020, 09:26

There is a house coming up for tax auction and the owners are deceased  and no will has been probated and they have 2 living  grandchildren and there is no will. Would I be able to get the  deed to the land or would this be a void  tax delinquent sale in Alabama? 

User Stats

Votes
Candice Hill
  • Hoover, AL
Votes |
  • Hoover, AL
Replied Jul 15 2020, 00:50

Hi!

If anyone is still on this thread. Can someone give me ballpark on how long it takes the state to send a quote. I requested several properties over a week ago and no email yet. Is it lengthy wait?

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Kramer
  • Mobile, AL
Votes |
  • Mobile, AL
Replied Jul 31 2020, 12:12
Originally posted by @Candice Hill:

If anyone is still on this thread. Can someone give me ballpark on how long it takes the state to send a quote. I requested several properties over a week ago and no email yet. Is it lengthy wait?

It depends on how many investors have inquired about the property before you and your place in line. I've requested quotes before, and it can take a few days, or months if not years. With each person ahead of you, add approximately 30 days to your waiting time.

User Stats

Votes
Shimira Greene
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Replied Aug 13 2020, 10:00

@Pamela Holmes Do you have any new quotes available for deeds?

User Stats

Votes
Shimira Greene
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Replied Apr 23 2021, 13:38
Originally posted by @Candice Hill:

Hi!

The State is so back logged. I called today and they have over 60k applications to put through the system. So patience.

User Stats

Votes
Shimira Greene
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Opelika, AL
Replied Apr 23 2021, 13:38

Has anyone had any success with counteroffering the State on a received quote?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 12 2022, 10:36

How long does it take for the State to reply with a price quote? Ive sent several request for quotes straight from the 'bama dept of revenue and havent heard anything. I believe its been a couple of weeks. The site said i would receive a confirmation email and havent received anything. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tai Bhattad
  • Montgomery AL
Votes |
  • Montgomery AL
Replied Mar 12 2022, 10:54

@TIM HUGHES it depends on how many people are in front of you… check the Dept of rev site for the phone number and call & ask how many are ahead of you … assuming nobody purchases the deed before you. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 12 2022, 11:07

Ive called several times and at different hours of the day..cant get through.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 12 2022, 11:14

Not mention i dont get a confirmation email from them stating they have received my request..

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 15 2024, 01:28
Quote from @Pamela Holmes:

If anyone is interested in any of these properties let me know. 

Hi @Pamela Holmes were you able to assign any of these quotes? I am leaving for king to do the same.