Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Mario Morales
Votes |
COC Question or ROI for a rehab project

Mario Morales
Posted Feb 3 2023, 17:26

I have a 3 unit property, 2 units were rehabbed last year and are rented out. The 3rd unit will be rehabbed this year. If I am putting in X amount of dollars and expect Y amount of Dollars, is this a scenario where I need to do CoC or ROI. If so, Do I divide the NOI of the rehabbed unit by a 1/3 of the expenses for the building? How do you measure or quantify your efforts, or do you when its only 1 unit in a property of many units.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Feb 3 2023, 17:28
Quote from @Mario Morales:

I have a 3 unit property, 2 units were rehabbed last year and are rented out. The 3rd unit will be rehabbed this year. If I am putting in X amount of dollars and expect Y amount of Dollars, is this a scenario where I need to do CoC or ROI. If so, Do I divide the NOI of the rehabbed unit by a 1/3 of the expenses for the building? How do you measure or quantify your efforts, or do you when its only 1 unit in a property of many units.

NET income divided by all in price, 

User Stats

Votes
Paul De Luca
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Feb 4 2023, 05:41
Quote from @Mario Morales:

Projected or actual income received from the project divided by the cost of the project. So if you invested $10k into a remodeling project and that generates you an additional $100/mo in cash flow or $1200 annually your CoC return is $1,200/$10,000 = 12%

• Real Estate Agent Illinois (#475.190985)

eXp Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes