Executive Administrative Assistant
We are BiggerPockets, home of the leading real estate investing community and podcast. As we continue to grow, we're seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant for our Chief Executive Officer to help make his life easier.
We need to get him away from his email and calendar, to free him from the day to day administrative activity that eats up so much of his time, and to help give him the freedom to focus on the vision and strategy for building our business. That's where you come in!
BiggerPockets Culture: Core Values
- We help our members, partners and staff reach their full potential.
- We do right by our team and community.
- Life is too short to be dull. We believe in having fun!
- We think outside the box.
- We focus on building strong relationships through honest communication.
- We’re an inclusive community supportive of all ideas.
- We think big.
Job Duties Include:
- Scheduling (travel, appointments, meetings, personal activities)
- Answering phone
- Managing, filtering and answering email
- Managing paperwork and all administrative work
- Filtering distractions
- Thinking outside the box -- acting as a sounding board
- Helping to prepare agendas & presentation materials for meetings and/or speaking engagements
- Attending meetings to take notes and be the fly on the wall
- Helping keep others on the team organized and on point as needed
- Having incredible initiative and a willingness to be proactive
- Gathering data and conducting research as needed
- Working on any special projects as needed
Beyond the duties above, we're looking for someone who:
- Is organized and neat
- Is capable in any and all standard business software (if you don't know what we're talking about, this isn't the job for you)
- Is able to excel under pressure
- Is capable of producing high caliber work at a fast pace with minimal mistakes
- Can be trusted
- Has worked as an executive administrative assistant in the past for at least one year
- Can take on any and all projects thrown at them and can prioritize a potentially heavy workload
- Has thick skin -- we like to joke around here (and sometimes throw a few swears around)
- Can use common sense in everything they do
- Is professional, friendly, yet easy going
- Can work with minimal oversight
Competitive salary + health & dental benefits available
Send a resume and cover letter in pdf format to jobs[at]biggerpockets.com with the subject: "Assistant Job: YOUR NAME." In your cover letter, tell us four things: 1. Let us know why you have what it takes to be our CEO's EA 2. Describe why you want to work as someone's EA and why they can trust you to do the job described above 3. Explain what your ideal job would look like 4. Describe the last 2 bosses you had and explain why you liked and disliked working for them