• Beaufort, NC
Votes |
Agent + Investor

Anna Kate Kingston
  • New to Real Estate
  • Beaufort, NC
Posted Jan 30 2023, 14:19

Hi all,

I'm doing some part-time property management for a local investor who happens to be an agent. I'm trying to do a bit of research to find examples of other agents who market themselves as both on one site while doing everything required to disclose their agent status. Does anyone have any examples they wouldn't mind sharing? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Brett Deas
  • Colorado
Votes |
  • Colorado
Replied Jan 30 2023, 14:34

I am an agent and an Investor, it's not that hard to disclose really. If I am not advertising a property or have a signed agreement with you, I can basically tell you anything I want. Same applies to all my marketing channels. 

I don't know if that was exactly what you were asking as I am a little confused by the question, but I hope that helps. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jan 31 2023, 18:35

#1 You should ask your broker if they will allow you to do PM.   It's the riskiest part of real estate so I would say the majority of brokers don't want to take it on.

#2 Not sure why the disclosure part is an issue? If you're advertising the property you would need to disclosure your agent status. If you put it in MLS, this also disclosures your status. We have a disclosure form that discusses representation that you can email or hand deliver to tenants you potentially show. If your sign is in the yard, I'm guessing at minimum your broker name and phone is on it? On any lease you probably need to disclose the owner is a licensed agent.

#3 What aspect of PM you doing for them?   Bookkeeping, Listing Property, Showing Property, managing bank accounts, hiring and paying vendors?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes