Real Estate Agent · Beverly, MA · Member since 2019 · 358 posts · 308 votes
Hey everyone,
I know direct mail is big for investors but does anyone have good experience with it as an agent? Primarily looking for selling opportunities? Any tips and tricks? Thank you!
Maybe 1-3% response rate. One thing I think about, although I am not sure I have great answers to those thoughts, is to market to people most likely to move or recommend you. So maybe instead of marketing to a geographic farm, market to people retiring, people with last kid in school and is a senior this year, divorces, preforeclosures. One thing I suggest though is be willing to call anyone you send info to....maybe before the mailing and after the mailing too. If you are not willing to call, don't waste money sending it. Also never mail just once. You can read the Millionaire Real Estate Agent book to see how many times you need to mail and call someone you don't know to get their business. I would also say you need to answer your phone. So many agents don't. If people call you back from your mailing, you need to answer. All this simple stuff, but so few do it.
I get mailings all the time on some of my properties, but rare do I ever get more than one mailing. Never had anyone answer live, when I call them. Now if some agent mails me 12x a year, every time they have a listing and every time they have a sale in my neighborhood and they answer the phone a year later when I am ready to sell, they might have a shot at my business.