Hi all, I have a condo in Inglewood California that i'm looking to sell and 1031 exchange into a property on the East Coast, which is where I'm located now. I'm hoping someone can recommend a real estate agent with experience selling properties with an out-of-state owner. I might not be able to make it out to the property, but I have people in the area that can provide access to the unit, keys, and anything else the real estate agent might need in my absence. It's a two bed two bath condo and tenants are currently occupying the unit until the end of November. Does anyone know of an agent that might be willing to take on this type of property and has experience dealing with an out-of-state seller? Thank you!
Lender · Cary, NC · Member since 2021 · 122 posts · 29 votes
11mo
@Andrew Soufleris very smart to 1031 exchange your investment to the east coast. I have a property in MA and the vacancy is basically 0%. I'd love to connect and can runs some quotes for you if you want as you shop for the next property. I helped an investor close on a 1031 this year and it can be a little messy. The company handling his 1031 exchange funds didn't help much. Definitely make sure you have a good one who can give clear numbers upfront so the lender isn't waiting to hear from them the day before closing.
Lender · Cary, NC · Member since 2021 · 122 posts · 29 votes
11mo
@Andrew Soufleris very smart to 1031 exchange your investment to the east coast. I have a property in MA and the vacancy is basically 0%. I'd love to connect and can runs some quotes for you if you want as you shop for the next property. I helped an investor close on a 1031 this year and it can be a little messy. The company handling his 1031 exchange funds didn't help much. Definitely make sure you have a good one who can give clear numbers upfront so the lender isn't waiting to hear from them the day before closing.